North Carolina Babies

Can't decide what to do about furniture

Owen is moving over the guest room, which already has a bed in it and we were going to get him a new dresser and nightstand for the room.  #2 was going to get the nursery, and his crib and dresser.  Someone told me about Value Bundles on Walmart.com, which has things like Graco crib/dresser/changing table starting at $350.  I feel like if we are going to spend $200 + on getting a dresser and nightstand for Owen to replace his furniture, we may as well as just move his dresser and bookshelf (which is 2 pieces and can be a little shelf or stand), and convert his crib to a headboard and footboard and get the new baby new furniture for just a little bit more. 

They have some awesome deals, and it make sense to me, but DH isn't sold.  I think part of it might be me panicking a bit at hitting the halfway point and having zero done, but it makes sense... right?

Re: Can't decide what to do about furniture

• I think what you're saying makes sense, since you're going to have to buy furniture regardless.  We are giving Eli our guest set, and letting the new baby use his old stuff, but our guest set is complete with a dresser.  So for right now, we don't have to buy any furniture.  When the new baby gets older, hopefully we can convert the crib to a full bed (if it's still in good shape) and only have to buy a new mattress. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have NOTHING done, at all. Not one thing and probably won't until about a month or less before I am due. The new baby is going into our guest room and getting all of Jocelyn's things. We are not buying Jocelyn a bedroom set yet because I don't want her climbing out of bed and getting into things like a dresser. We are doing her twin bed, a nightstand, bookshelf and her Pottery Barn anywhere chair, she has a built in closet system with a built in dresser anyway. I am super stressed about getting it all done.

I would say if you can get by without buying new stuff, I would probably not buy anything, but if you have to buy a dresser and a some other things, then your plan sounds good. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedbertagni:

I would say if you can get by without buying new stuff, I would probably not buy anything, but if you have to buy a dresser and a some other things, then your plan sounds good. 

This...we are using some furniture that we have for DS #1's big boy room and #2 will use the nursery furniture we already have.  We thought about doing it with new furniture and that just stressed me out more to have to deal with that...so we're going with what we've got. GL!

• We aren't buying anything for R except for bedding which I already purchased.  This is in part b/c we're planning to move at some point in time after the baby is born (just depends on when our house sells).  We haven't even moved her to the new room yet either or her big girl bed.  When she moves to her new room, she'll have an antique dresser (really old and a hand me down from fam), a twin bed with no headboard,her PB chair and shelf with bins for toys. 

Once we move, she'll get a new dresser and bed.  It's nice to not have to buy anything right now since I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with what we're buying right now (video monitor, double stroller, etc.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"