Secondary IF
Options

teresadrew17...

I'm in awe.  Just read about your c/s with no anesthesia... how in the world did that happen?  If you are comfortable, would you share?  How on earth did you get through something like that?  I'm so sorry you had to go through that ordeal!
Doriimage
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!

Re: teresadrew17...

• Options
    haha.  yeah it wasn't exactly the birth I had planned!  It was almost something out of a movie except it was my life.   I had pre-e and had been on bedrest at the hospital for about 3 weeks.  At 37w0d they decided to induce. Everything was fine and they recommended that I get an epidural because they expected I would be in pain about 30mins-1hr later.  The doctor said an epi would take about 30mins to take affect.  Well they tried to do the epidural, but my son's heartrate dropped from 150 to 50.  The nurse spun me around and I ended up butt naked on all fours (nice imagery, huh).  Then the nurse pushed the intercom button and asked for any OB on the floor to come to my room.  A swarm of people came in and finally my OB arrived (yeah, like 12 people were watching me naked on all fours. definitely not what I had planned).  My OB took one look at the heartrate monitor and told them to take me to surgery.  Two nurses scurried to push my bed down the halls to the OR, but because it was one of those large delivery beds that has a removable end, it actually broke in half as we ran down the hall. I actually arrived in the OR with my legs dangling off of a broken bed.  Crazy, I know.  They put me on the ER table and I heard the OB say "scalpel" just like in the movies and I yelled, "wait! don't I need anesthesia?" The nurse looked at me and said, "I'm sorry sweetie. There's no time."  Then one nurse held down my left shoulder and arm and another nurse held down my right should and arm.  I had no freakin idea why until the OB started to cut.  When someone cuts your abs it is an instinct crunch up. So I felt the OB make the incision and then I felt a strong push against my upper abs as they pushed the baby out.  Thankfully, they got me under general anesthesia before sewing up the incision.  I never felt the sutures. I woke up about 3 hours later. The whole thing took about 10 mins so other nurses were still getting my husband dressed in the blue gowns outside the OR.  He missed the birth completely!  Now that I have SIF, when people ask when we're going to have another baby I just tell them that we'll have another one when I forget the birth story of the first one!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    omg. sorry that was such a long response!  I didn't realize how long it was until it posted!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JMayJMay member
    No problem about the length!  I'm sitting here, open mouthed.  I am amazed.  Damn strong woman you are!!!  It is just phenominal what humans can endure.  Thank you so much for sharing, and I hope you have a cake walk next time!  (HUG!)
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Options
    Wow, that is crazy. How horrible and nightmarish that you had to go through that!  You are one strong amazing woman!
  • Options
    Wow that is like the movies. Surreal. My OB did tell me that she can get a baby out in 3-5 minutes in am emergency.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagepharmacygirl:
    Wow that is like the movies. Surreal. My OB did tell me that she can get a baby out in 3-5 minutes in am emergency.

Yikes, yes you are a tough one. I had a brutal labor with an emergency C/S end, but it was nothing like yours...my kiddo waited until the epi kicked in before his HR went down to 60 and they were able to get it up to 90 with me in a lovely crazy pose, so I didn't feel anything, and didn't have to go under general at all. Your story is amazing!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OMG...you are super woman!  I know you had no choice, but I don't think I could ever have done that. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
  • Options

imagehope4us:
    OMG...you are super woman!  I know you had no choice, but I don't think I could ever have done that. 

I really appreciate everyone's compliments, but honestly this was exactly it!  The surgery was only about 5 mins as PP said  (it took about 5 mins to get me from the delivery room to the ER).  I'm pretty sure going through SIF makes us all superwomen (or at least some of the most dedicated, passionate, and persevering women there are)!  And just like I'm sure you all feel with your children, my DS was totally worth it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"