Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Why do I have such horrible luck??.......

I had my 2 week follow up with the my OB today. First thing she tells me is that the chromosomal testing that I was waiting for will not be done as the hospital screwed up and sent all the samples out in formulin.....which makes the testing impossible to complete.  So....now I have no real answers as to why my daughter passed away.  This leaves me with no real information to help me make the decision if I should or should not TTC.  Though, I have to say, that I whole heartedly trust her and her instincts about what happened (I mean...despite being in preterm labor with my daughter for 12 weeks I never once had a doubt that my OB would make sure that I delivered that baby safe....I really should have been terrified but I never once doubted her!)  and she believes that there is no reason for me to not TTC again....but she wants me to wait 3 full cycles.  She believes that there should be a minimum of 3 cycles to allow for all stages of greiving before trying again. 

So...I guess it's not all horrible luck....I was really terrified that she was going to tell me that I am too old and would be foolish to try again.  What a huge relieve when she said if I wanted another one I should go for it and we would take all necessary precautions when the time arrives....because I know that as a doctor she would never hesitate to tell me the truth, no matter how painful.....once you find a doctor that will never hemmm and hawww about giving a straight answer you should stick to that doctor like glue....they can be few and far between!!

Sorry..I kinda rambled there a bit....thank you all for you great compassion and support!

Shelly

Re: Why do I have such horrible luck??.......

• I'd be so upset about that. That is horrible! We had the baby tested from the last one and she had Turner's syndrome. ?It didn't really tell us anything, although it was comforting to know the cause. ?Have you had karotypes on you and your DH? ?They do a basic one that looks at a handful of cells, but they can also do a more advanced one that looks at a lot more (I think it was 5-6 compared to 500.) ?With the more advanced one, they can look for mosaicism, where some of your cells are fine and some are abnormal. ?Maybe you could have those done if you haven't already? ?My RE decided to do the advanced one on me due to my age (38) and the Turner's outcome, since there are more problems with the x chromosome as we age apparently.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"