Health & Exercise

Incontinence

Ive been back to working out since 5 weeks pp... At first I had no problems with incontinence when running and doing the elliptical. Now that Im back to high intensity workouts like kickboxing and lots of jumping jacks jumping rope Ive got lots of leakage going on.... Ive been doing kegels (since prepreg) with no change. Will this go away or will I be in depends by my next kid?? :( Im 11 weeks out now.
Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.

Re: Incontinence

• i'm not sure since i dont have babies, but the leakage i had with jumping rope was much better if i drank less water, still hydrated but didnt get full. i also used a depends pantyliner. gross i know but it kept me in the gym.

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • FloF9FloF9 member
    I wasn't peeing myself but rather clear discharge that seemed like pee.  It lasted until about 6 months post preg.
  • Loading the player...
  • Stock up on depends/poise. Smile  Probably not what you wanted to hear, but pregnancy does a number on your body.  As soon as I hit mile 4 I leak...every time (sometimes even earlier in my runs).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DS is 18 months old and I still wear pantiliners. It got a lot better though as time went on.  Then, I got pregnant...I am currently 29 weeks pregnant and it has gotten worse.  Basically every time I squat down, laugh, sneeze, cough, or talk loud, I leak.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have to pee immediately before I start cardio (usually running) and can only last about 30 minutes before I need to pee again or else I leak. My muscles down there were destroyed after baby #1, now I have a total of 3 kids and am seriously considering surgery to help with this issue. I also pee myself every time I cough or sneeze unless I have ample time to "clench" those muscles.
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • Thank goodness!!! I am not the only one!!  Seriously...its getting really annoying now that I am getting back into working out since having dd. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"