North Carolina Babies
Options

SBR: Placement of Playset

So DH and I are pretty close to committing to a wooden playset to put in our backyard for DS. It's one DS can use now but also has enough for him to grow into as he gets older.

The only problem is that DH and I can't agree about where exactly to put it! We've agreed on a general area of the yard, but DH wants to put it in a corner close the fencline. I want to bring it in closer to the middle of the yard, away from the fenceline.

I feel like kids need space to run around a playset. DH doesn't like the idea of a lot of "unused space" behind the playset in the corner of the yard. (I think of that space as "run around" space.) He has a point that if we want to box in the play area with railroad ties and mulch it in the future, it would be easier if it were situated closer to the fence corner. 

What do you ladies think? If you've got a playset in your yard, how did you decide where to put it? TIA!
Catching up on sports news...
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: SBR: Placement of Playset

• Options
    Ours has a lot of space on 3 sides of it but not that much behind it.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I wish you could show us a picture of the area.  I think that having it close to the fence is probably better to conserve space, but you don't want it too close so that they don't have room to play around it.  You don't want him to hit the fence when he's flying down the sliding board, etc.  I have no experience with this, so these are just my initial thoughts.  : )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would put it in the middle of the yard.  I can just see DS trying to swing high and hit the fence.  Or falling from the playset and hitting the fence.  Plus I am with you, we use to run around our playset.  Have fun!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagewithoutshoes:
      I can just see DS trying to swing high and hit the fence.  Or falling from the playset and hitting the fence.  Have fun!  

That's what I'm afraid of -- or, when he gets older, swinging really high and trying to launch himself over the fence, which is what my brother used to try and do with his friends when we were younger.  Tongue Tied Looking back, I'm surprised there were no broken bones!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for your thoughts, ladies. I really need to get out there this afternoon and measure it all out. We were just talking in general terms yesterday, but I think it will help to mark out locations based on actual dimensions.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"