Detroit Babies
Options

WWYD- daycare, Long

We LOVE our daycare but it's pricey.  Before we got pregnant, it was always understood that my mom would watch our kid(s) two-three days a week and they would go to day care one to two days a week.

Right now, P goes to day care every Thursday and every other Friday.  My mom gets her every Tues, Wed and every other Friday.  I work from 12-7 or 12-6 and 8-1 on those days.  I just went back to work regular hours on March 1st.  TWICE now my mom has called me late at night or early in the morning saying she was sick and couldn't watch P.  Ok, that's fine but already twice?!  I've been able to scramble and get a friend to watch her for me but it's not fair to give them such short notice and I don't want to become unreliable to work. 

Do we somehow pinch our pennies and come up with extra money to send her to day care 4 days a week?  It would probably be an extra 600 dollars a month and I just don't know how we'd come up with it... Or do we find another day care all together that would be less expensive?  Or, do we give my mom the benefit of the doubt and that this won't become something that happens every week?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: WWYD- daycare, Long

• Options

That is a tough call. Does your mom normally get sick a lot? Is this normal behavior for her, like do you have a good relationship with you mom? Is it possible to maybe just send P to daycare maybe 3 days a week and then the other 2 days to your moms. Not sure what part-time at daycare is considered? Maybe watching her that many days is too much?

I don't send Morgan to a daycare, my mom watches her, but I do have friends that do and finding a new daycare that matches up to the one you love now might be hard!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Do you think your mom was really sick?  I would love for my mom to watch Lucas (if I worked) but I think it would get old for her and the novelty would rub off really fast.  :)

I would maybe see about cutting some stuff out of your budget and ask the daycare if you could have her come a few more days a month if you can afford it. Or is it an option to switch your schedule around? (I dont remember what came of that). Or switch babysitting with one of your friends maybe so it is more of a schedule?  Or find another daycare, I know you love the one you are at now, so it might not be so easy, but there are tons out there.

Mommy's little helper :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'd maybe give her the benefit of the doubt right- just wait it out and see what happens.  March seems like it was rough for people.  I know a bunch of people who were sick.  Spring is coming (hopefully) so hopefully it gets better. 

Maybe sitdown and talk with her.  Is she backing out because she's really sick (like in bed all day) or she feels a cold coming on and she's worried to have P around her for fear she'll catch it? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"