Secondary IF

P4?

I am so sorry in advance for being crazytown.  I am completely out of my mind and will continue to post every symptom for the next week.  Please just bear with me.  Tongue Tied

So my P4 level was 18 today and I am spotting and have been on and off since last night.  I am a bit crampy now too. Just fabulous.  I am on 1 cc of PIO.  My RE did not recommend me increasing my dose, but my gut says to do it.  I have a 2 week's supply of crinone gel and I am considering supplementing with it .  WWYD? 

I know this is nutty, but its not like I am increasing a stim dose or taking oxycontin.  Honesty please.  Thanks ladies.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Doriimage
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Re: P4?

• Even though the correct answer is probably to tell you no and just trust your dr, if it were me, I would probably seriously consider supplementing with the crinone.

DD: Grace (8/19/2007)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD: Harper (11/27/2011) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you for being honest.  I called my mom too and she told me to trust me gut b/c its never steered me wrong before. Oh decisions, decisions.
    Doriimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been known to, ahem, trust my gut before as well. ;)  My guess is that it doesn't really matter though, but of course I know that a 1% chance of it helping makes it worth it in the trenches.  GOOD LUCK!
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • JMayJMay member
    Um... yeah, I trust my gut too.  My understanding is that progesterone can help if you need it, but it doesn't hurt if you don't.  I could be wrong - I'm not a doctor!!! Any chance you could ask the nurse if the extra crinone would be ok if it makes you feel better?
    Doriimage

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Do it! If it can't hurt and may help (and your gut is telling you) do it!
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
  • I too would go with my gut and probably increase it a little bit...it can't hurt right!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
  • Do you think we could rename this board Crazytown?

I say go with your gut as long as you know it can't hurt anything.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If I were you I would add one thing to the mix not two.  The thought of injecting twice the amount of PIO into my butt cheek makes me whimper so I would go for the crinone. 

• Thanks for helping me to think I am semi-normal Huh?

I am definitey not adding more PIO to the mix but I did add 1 Crinone gel suppository this morning. I figure whats going to happen is going to happen, but I want to be sure that my spotting isn't causing the problem. 

BTW...spotting and cramping is a bit more increased from last night.  UGH!

Doriimage
  • If you feel like you should then do it but honestly, I don't think it'll change anything. I had SKY HIGH P4 levels (like 174 at first beta) and was on 1 cc of PIO daily. I bled for four weeks while on the PiO injections. Progesterone will not stop you from bleeding, just delays it. I also know from PAIF that the Crione suppositories can irritate the cervix and cause spotting. Good luck on your beta and I hope the spotting stops.
    Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie DS: Born 2007 TTC #2- Diagnosed with secondary infertility, after 18 months and failed IUIs, we achieved success with IVF #1 DD: Born 2011
  • imageAmer19:
    If you feel like you should then do it but honestly, I don't think it'll change anything. I had SKY HIGH P4 levels (like 174 at first beta) and was on 1 cc of PIO daily. I bled for four weeks while on the PiO injections. Progesterone will not stop you from bleeding, just delays it. I also know from PAIF that the Crione suppositories can irritate the cervix and cause spotting. Good luck on your beta and I hope the spotting stops.

Thanks Amer!  Funny you posted this as I was just thinking about the cervix irritation.  I just want to wake up pregnant on Monday.  I hope I have a BFP to share soon!
    Doriimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"