Georgia Babies

**Daisy22**

You have made me doubt my thought on selling my city select for a double bob.  I got such a good deal on the city select, but its so big and Adam doesn't sit in it very good right now (not like he does in the Bob).  I really have no room, but it might be better just to keep the city select and buy a cheaper used double running stroller for our trips to the park and walking around midtown.  Quick question on the city select.  Did you get the carseat attachment?  Was it worth it?  I think my issue is that I was hoping not to need it, but it doesn't seem like I can recline the top seat all the say and face it towards me which is what I was hoping to do with the baby.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: **Daisy22**

• Yay personally after now having both and using both, I seriously could never get around with the double bob. We were going to use the double bob as our primary stroller and I'm so glad we didn't. I take the city select to the pediatrician's office all the time and I can't imagine lugging the BOB there. I've only taken the BOB for walks through our neighborhood and to the park. We even took the city select to disney world in december and february. The city select just fits places better including the mall, doctor's offices, etc.

I actually have the chicco car seat adapter and the bassinet. We used the car seat adapter until Bryce was 12wks and refused to be in the infant carseat anymore. He's been seating in the regular seat since 12wks. In December we used the bassinet in disney whichworked well. We did what you were not suppose to do and put Bryce down below and Bailey in the seat up above facing out. We just taught him not to kick his brother. In February we used both seats and we did have Bryce facing us with Bailey facing out. In this position you can't really recline the baby to much but the regular seat is not straight up/down to me. Bryce did fine even through he wasn't sitting up on his own yet but he did have neck control. Bailey actually doesn't mind facing towards me on the lower level through so we put both seats facing us if Bryce needs to be reclined.

Do you have a chicco car seat?

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No I have a graco car seat.  Adam used his carrier for maybe 6 weeks total before I bought a real carseat.  He was terrible in the car and the bigger car seat made a huge difference.  I of course had bought the adapter for our single Bob and it was pretty much a waste of money since I used it maybe once.  I'll have to keep thinking about it.  Good news is I guess I could always order it on amazon once she arrives if I decide I want it.  I am loving this amazon shipping way too much.  Thanks for the advice.  Its a hard decision because being next to Piedmont park we walk almost everywhere (to the park, to get ice cream, to dinner, even to do grocery shopping) so I feel like the double Bob might be worth it.  In reality I probably need to accept that I need both.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh if you had the chicco carseat I would have let you use mine. I know what you mean about waste money on the carseat adapters. I had one for our single bob and Bailey was in the infant seat for about 6 weeks. Bryce refused to sit in the car seat in the stroller so even with the city select it was a waste. He liked the bassinett through. If you want to try that out you can use mine. I have several friends that have the city select as their only stroller and they use it for long walks. The wheels on it do really well outside.

Another thing, your baby might be different but Bryce hated the BOB until just the last few weeks when he started sitting up on his own. I think he wasn't comfortable in the seat of the BOB. The double BOB seems to put the boys in more of a whole in the single did. Sorry I'm not trying to talk you about of the double BOB or selling your city select. I just know I was thinking like you until I actually started using the BOB vs City Select. I'm so glad we have the CS. You might try to find a double BOB on craigslist. They are usually around $350-400 which is way cheaper then a new one.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"