Pre-School and Daycare
Options

what time does your 4 yr old go to bed?

DS goes down at 8:00pm and has been doing that for a while now.  however lately he's been waking up really early... usually 6:00am, this morning 5:30am :(  I've ordered a kid alarm clock from amazon that I hope will help him at least stay in his room but do you think he goes to bed too early? That's what my DH think.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what time does your 4 yr old go to bed?

• Options

My almost 4 y/o goes to bed at 8:30-9ish.. And wakes up around 830-9ish on a good day.. She'll normally stay in bed until we call her, reading books and amusing herself..

I think the kid alarm clock is a good idea, or maybe explain to him that he's gotta stay in his room and play by himself until mommy or daddy come get him.

• Options

My guys just turned four and they are in bed by 8:30 or 9:00.  The time has creeped as they've gotten older so now we start getting ready for bed at 8:00 or 8:30 (depending on how tired they seem).  

Having said that, DS #1 is an early riser (and sometimes stays up "reading" books after they go to bed).  He is usually up around 6:30.  His twin is a sleeper though. DS #2 is usually asleep before we leave the room at night and sleeps until 7:00 or 7:30 if his brother doesn't bother him in the morning.

We tried a few different things to keep DS#1 in bed in the morning but none of them worked for very long.  Now he is allowed to go downstairs to watch Disney Jr. and drink his milk (which DH puts in a sippy cup in the fridge the night before) until we come down around 7:00. 

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I told him tonight that he's not allowed to get up until the sun is up.  We'll see if he remembers tomorrow though.  I would LOVE if he would sleep in till 8:00!  I can't wait till this alarm clock gets here, hopefully it helps, me so sleepy, lol!
  • Options

Lurker here.

My SD goes to bed at 8:30pm, and is up by 6:45am on week days for preschool. But on weekends she stays up until 9:00pm and sleeps until 7:30-8:00am normally.

She is a heavy sleeper, though, and even though she shares a room with 14mo DS, she never wakes up at night if he fusses or in the morning if he gets up earlier.

• Options

My 3.5yo goes to bed between 7-8 and gets up between 7-8 (no longer naps).  If he happens to get up before my DD wakes, he will just play by himself, grab a snack, watch a DVD.  Sometimes he'll play for an hour or two before coming in our room to get me up (though I can hear him the whole time, but stay dozing in my bed and cuddling DD).

FWIW, my 3yo completely understands the concept that it is not morning until the sun comes up, so he must go back to bed until then (on random days when he tries to get up before 6am).  This is just really hard come July when the sun comes up at 3:45...

Hopefully the alarm clock will work for you!

My Bio
    Blog
    Miles Alister. 9.17.2007. 8# 6oz 21.5inches
    Isla Penelope. 10.21.2010. 8# 3oz 21 inches
    2 Months 11# 6oz 23.5 inches
    4 Months 13# 6oz 25 inches
    6 Months 14# 15oz 27 inches
    9 Months 17# 10oz 28 inches
    12 Months 19# 10oz 28.75 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ds1 goes to bed between 7:30-8. On school days, we wake him at 7:15. On weekends or days off, he'll sleep in until 8-8:30.
  • Options
    DD is probably asleep around 730 and is up around 6. She's always been an early riser. I got the Teach Me Time clock off Amazon and told her she needs to stay in bed until it turns green at 645, but she's not really following that.
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    griffin turns 4 next month. He goes to bed around 8-8:30... depends on the day, what we have going on, etc.  He wakes between 6:30-7:30... lately all of my boys have been waking at 6:30 and it's driving me nuts.
  • Options
    DS is usually in bed around 8:00 and "reads" until about 8:20 and is asleep between 8:30 and 8:45.  He is up in the mornings between 6:15 and 6:45.  He still takes about a two hour nap every day too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The girls go to bed between 8 and 9 (depending on the day and their moods) and get up between 7 and 8.  DD#1 is turning into a little teenager, actually, and will sleep until almost 9 some days if I don't wake her up.  Unfortunately, we almost always have to be somewhere so she doesn't get to sleep that late as often as either of us would like.  Next year, she has to be at school around 7:30 for kindergarten.  I've no idea how I'm going to manage that! Tongue Tied
  • Options

My ds is almost 5, but he has consistently been going to bed around 8/8:30 pm and waking up 7/7:30 am. Always 11 hrs a night, he is like clockwork. He doesn't really nap anymore, but on the occasional nap days, he goes bed closer to 9 or 9:30 pm if it is a weekend.

• Options
    Does he still nap?  He might actually be overtired and might need to go to sleep sooner than later.  My DD will be 5 in June and goes to sleep between 7 and 7:30 and wakes up during the week at 6:15 and on the weekends anytime around 7 vie or take about 15 mins.  She takes about an hour nap maybe 50% of the time and rests quietly the other 50%  of the time.  At her PreK, they still have a 2 hour quiet period daily although she misses it 2x a week due to her speech class.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options

Sam is not quite 4, but he goes to bed around 6:30 and gets up about 12 hours later.

If he goes to bed later he actually ends up getting up earlier.  When we have a rash of unexplained 5 am wake ups, one of the first things I try is an earlier bedtime.

He does not nap. 

• Options
    We want her to be in bed (story time over and we're out of there) by 8:30, but it never works out that way. It's usually not until 9, sometimes after. We say all the time that we need to get both girls to bed earlier, and we really need to put our foot down. But we've been having sleeping issues with her anyway (I posted about this just now).
    image image Our Angel baby, lost at 6w6d on 6/10/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"