Illinois Babies
Options

sleep consultants or sleep doulas

We have a 7 month old who will not sustain sleep. We've read tons of books but need more intensive help. Do any of you know of sleep consultants or sleep doulas in the chicago area?

Re: sleep consultants or sleep doulas

• Options
    This may be more than you want to spend, but Dr. Weissbluth at Northwestern Children's Practice does consults. He wrote the Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child book and is apparently very user friendly in person (I don't think his book is terribly user friendly). I didn't see him, but I have a few friends who did (even one who flew from NYC to meet with him).
  • Options

imagekme930:
    This may be more than you want to spend, but Dr. Weissbluth at Northwestern Children's Practice does consults. He wrote the Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child book and is apparently very user friendly in person (I don't think his book is terribly user friendly). I didn't see him, but I have a few friends who did (even one who flew from NYC to meet with him).

I second this reco

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm sure you've tried, an read just about everything, but the thing that worked the best for us was putting our l/o down to sleep earlier - on her schedule. We had previously tried to keep her up later, thinking that she'd be 'more tired.' Total backfire. One day we put her to sleep around 7, for what we thought was a nap, and she slept all night. 

We realize we might just be really lucky.

We go to Weisbluth's practice at Northwestern, and everyone there is great. Just as added testimonial to the previous posts.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"