Health & Exercise

Dairy free protein powder?

Can anyone recommend a dairy free protein powder? I love to have a protein shake after a run or workout but DD can't handle dairy (I bf).

Re: Dairy free protein powder?

• Rice and soy (if you eat soy) protein powders can be nice options.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Me (33) DH (32) WFHM * Coffee & Beach Addict *Running is my Paxil*
  • Are you able to have nuts?  I love to add nuts to my smoothies for extra protein.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I use Nectar in Chocolate flavor. YOu can mix it with milk or water. They also have some fruit flavors that are supposed to be yummy too.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Muscle Milk is lactose-free.
    imageimage 
    TTC #2: My chart
  • Thanks for suggestions everyone. I will look into rice/soy/hemp options.

I can do nuts, but am looking for a powder to mix with water/milk (dairy free). I do throw nuts into my smoothies on occasion.

Rach21: Unfortunately Muscle Milk contains whey which i can't (well, DD) can't tolerate. 

Although she seems to be handling little bits of dairy here and there...hoping it's something outgrows! 

• Hemp protien powder (from Wholefoods) 2 scoops, use unsweetened Almond Milk (from Wholefoods -- organic 365 Brand) 8 oz, splash of lactose free Kefir, tablespoon of peanut butter, 1 teaspoon unsweetened organic cocoa powder, one banana if you want.  That's my protein shake and I have one for breakfast everyday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSSILVEIRA:
    Hemp protien powder (from Wholefoods) 2 scoops, use unsweetened Almond Milk (from Wholefoods -- organic 365 Brand) 8 oz, splash of lactose free Kefir, tablespoon of peanut butter, 1 teaspoon unsweetened organic cocoa powder, one banana if you want.  That's my protein shake and I have one for breakfast everyday.

That's sounds fabulous! May have to try that for breakfast!

I ended up ordering Sun Warrior protein powder. Should be here tomorrow! Thanks again ladies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"