LGBT Parenting
Options

How was your weekend?

Re: How was your weekend?

• Options

My weekend went way too fast, as usual!

Friday was the norm.

Saturday we woke up early and took a drive to the aquarium with my parents.  We had a good time and saw lots of awesome stuff, but whew, RB was a handful.  For the first time in my life, I thought to myself "hmm, maybe those kid leashes are a good idea..."  We are still figuring out the right combo of stroller/babywearing for outings and whatever we did Saturday was not the right combo!  I think the days of RB napping in the Ergo are over which makes me very sad and our life much less convenient. I'm pretty sure the entire time my parents were thinking "Thank goodness we didnt have 3 kids!" lol

After we all took a short nap at home, it was off to have the kids' easter pics taken.  It was complete drama.  1) the dog escaped the fence and ran away while we were napping which meant 2) DW stayed home to look for her and I was going to attempt to bring them by myself which was a terrible idea because 3) the kids were already way overstimulated from the aquarium and only had a 45 minute nap and were NOT feeling like being all dressed up and smiling pretty. That being said, it all worked out.  DW found the dog quickly and came to meet us and while RB was a wild woman, we got some cute shots and Easter pics can officially be checked off our list.

Sunday we went to church then home for lunch and nap.  I'm happy to say that I did take the rest of the afternoon/evening for "me time"...but i'm sad to say that i spent it at the office catching up on work Stick out tongue  ugh, such is life.

• Options
    Friday we stayed in, ordered pizza and had kids' movie night.

Saturday L wasn't feeling well (bronchitis) so she hung out with us at home until I took the kids to ice skating. She stayed home and finished her taxes to send to the accountant...finally - this is the latest we've ever done our taxes! We took a family nap (which seemed to help the kids moods) and then took the kids to dinner and to Family Lego Night at the Lego Store. It was fun and a cheap way to spend the evening ($5/kid.)

Sunday we putzed around the house, went to lunch, took the kids to see Alice in Wonderland on ice (performed by the advanced students at their skating school.) After 15 minutes, Carter was ready to go so he and I stood at the top of the bleachers and at intermission, we packed up and headed out. We stopped at Target and then home. None of us were feeling great so by 3:30 the kids had their pjs on, by 5pm we'd eaten and cleaned up from dinner, and by 7pm the kids were in bed asleep. Carter woke up crying multiple times by 10pm (no idea why), so we tossed him in the middle of our bed and went to sleep...well, I tried to sleep, but was kicked, scratched by his toenails, and crowded all night. We all woke up grumpy.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Friday I went to the gym!  Granted I never made it above 2.9 on the treadmill but it felt good to be there (I am still a little uneasy about how fast the SCH vanished..) after the INTENSE workout, we went shopping for one more outfit to complete a baby shower bundle and a 'grandpa' onesie.  

Saturday - I felt amazing!! I got up really early and cleaned the entire downstairs, ironed all the clothes and wrapped all the presents all before K got up.  We drove to NH to the baby shower (fun but holy cow, intense) and then to tell K's dad we are pregnant.  K's dad loves me.  He calls me his Little Jeannie but..sigh.. he didn't come to the wedding.  He is in his 80's and while I (now) 'get it' that it wasn't his bag, it still irks me that he couldn't pull it together to walk his youngest daughter down the aisle (so help me if he attends K's sister's wedding (also a lesbian) in May..). So we weren't sure how he would react.  We gave him a little gift bag with a 'Grandpa's sidekick' onesie,  I laughed too had and rubbed my stomach and mumbled way to fast about his 21st grandchild and was about to make a run for it.. (he intimidates me a little - he is one for changing the topic, obviously, if he doesn't want to talk about something and I didn't want to feel bad - touchy feely, they are not.) but he was so happy!!  He had a really great reaction and then hugged me (and K) and said 'congratulations, mama'.  It is such a relief that is over.  it has been weighing on us since we found out.  We went to eat to celebrate!

Sunday - I think all the cleaning and moving and excitement of Saturday caught up to me.  I woke up feeling awful, laid on the couch until noon, at noon I got off the couch and went to bed until 4:30, showered and went to the theater (to see my sister opening night) and was in bed by 9.   I felt like absolute poop all day.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Saturday Henry and I went to JoAnns to get materials to make him a birthday banner, then met up with my mom for some more shopping.  After that, we went over to my dad's for lunch and to visit for a bit.  Henry passed out in the car on the way home.  We had a quiet night just the two of us, as C was working away trying to meet a deadline.  C got home late and we just lounged on the couch for a while.

Then Henry kept us up for two hours in the middle of the night...  Not fun.  Not exactly sure what the problem was.  He seemed to want to get up and play - which is unusual for him - and he was not happy about our attempts to get him back to sleep. 

Sunday, thankfully Henry slept in a bit, but C and I were both pretty beat up from the night's antics.  We all took a morning nap, but I had a hard time coming out of it.  I finally scraped myself out of bed at noon and we grabbed a quick lunch at a little local place and wen to Costco, where found out that our coupon couldn't be used for our kind of contact lenses (boo! that was the main reason we went!), but picked up some good stuff anyway, and I had a really yummy frozen yogurt sundae Smile

We did a little driving around town while Henry finished his nap in the car, and took a short neighborhood stroll when we got home.  Then we cooked a yummy dinner together - it is such a treat getting to cook with C!! I miss it so much when she's working a lot.

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Friday:  I don't remember what we did, I know it included hanging out with J's family though.

Saturday:  We picked LO up and stopped at J's parents house for breakfast.  We came home after breakfast and decided to go to the museum in LA.  We got to the museum at 1:40 and found out it closed at 2:00 that day, they had a special event going on that evening.  We stopped at J's aunt's house so they could meet LO and then went to China Town to get a cake for J's pregnant sister who has been craving it.  We thought it would be fun to take the girls and our niece to John's Incredible but there was a line around the building when we got there so we went to the nearest Chuck E Cheese which had a line out the door.  We ended up driving back to our neck of the woods to go to Chuck E Cheese, it was madness in there.  After dinner and some play time we went home and were out for the night.

Sunday:  J went to work.  The girls played all day and kept each other entertained.  LOVE IT!  We had dinner at Richie's Diner and dropped LO off.  We came home and A went to bed and we watched TV for a bit.  I started getting sick and by midnight my sinuses were overflowing, yuck.

• Options

Firday-  We went out to dinner at a local icecream shop.  Brit don't be jealous we went to Cabots.  Also Jean if you have managed to work in our town and not gone there we need to fix that.  It was ok but E wasn't in the mood to sit for too long.

Sat A busy day.  Got up and all of us ready to go take Easter pictures.  They came out great but I did miss our photographer.  I felt like the whole experience was very rushed and I didn't really like that.  CT I can not believe you tried to take your vrew by yourself.  It was E, my mom, S and me. So we were 3 on 1 and you were 1 on 3!  After my mom left we gave E lunch loaded her in the car and went to my inlaws for an overnight.  It was fun.  E had not seen her grandparents in a while and we always worry how she will react.  She was super lovey to them and we had a great visit.  S actually went out to meet a friend later that night I didn't feel like it so I chilled with my inlaws watching tv.  I really like them and am lucky to be so comfotable with them. 

Sunday I went to a coffee shop to do work.  It was awesome.  I used to do this every sunday but now with E I just don't get to.  I got so much done.  It was great.  We drove home and went to bed early.  E passed out at 6:45 and we were in bed by 9!

Jean where in NH were you?  We were Londonderry (were S is from)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagessg73:

Firday-  We went out to dinner at a local icecream shop.  Brit don't be jealous we went to Cabots.  Also Jean if you have managed to work in our town and not gone there we need to fix that.  It was ok but E wasn't in the mood to sit for too long.

Can you believe.. I have never been.  I walk by it on my way to wholefoods (when I take the looong way :) but have never been inside.  Sounds like we have our April vacation meet-up plan (Brit, are you in?)!  For everyone else.. you all know that Brit and I live in the same small town but did you know ssg is a consultant for (also pretty small) non-profit company I work for?  yeah.  I have decided there is only 1 degree of separation between me and everyone on this board. Crazy small lesbian world.

We were in Manchester.  K used to teach up there.  The shower was for a co-worker of hers. It was a perfect day for a drive!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Friday my girl and I went to dinner at a sushi place we had a group.on for. We had to wait about an hour to get in and I was starving and grumpy but it was SO good. We will definitely go back.

Saturday I met up with a friend for brunch while my girlfriend went to training. Afterwards my girl and I met back up and tooled away the afternoon drinking a beer at a small local brewery and dinner at another new group.on place which was fabulous. Then we sat on the couch playing word games while waiting for our full bellies to not feel so full!

Sunday my girl had to go to work. I ran lots of errands, bulk shopping,etc. and then got home to work on my taxes which are almost done. Quiet night at home.

• Options
    imagejeannkerricotober09:
    imagessg73:

Can you believe.. I have never been.  I walk by it on my way to wholefoods (when I take the looong way :) but have never been inside.  Sounds like we have our April vacation meet-up plan (Brit, are you in?)!  For everyone else.. you all know that Brit and I live in the same small town but did you know ssg is a consultant for (also pretty small) non-profit company I work for?  yeah.  I have decided there is only 1 degree of separation between me and everyone on this board. Crazy small lesbian world.

We were in Manchester.  K used to teach up there.  The shower was for a co-worker of hers. It was a perfect day for a drive!

Jean that is just a crime!  To walk by Cabots and not go in!  And now you have a reason to eat icecream every day!!!!!!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagejeannkerricotober09:
    imagessg73:

ssg - Cecilia was just talking about how she's craving Cabots!! So jealous!

Jean - Would love to meet you guys there! So funny that you walk by it - C and I used to live about a mile from there, and we went to that Whole Foods often.

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Being with a bed rest Mama there is not much we can do. Friday I dont even remember.

Sat:  took Mojito to Dog part It was such a lovely day out felt bad that i was enjoying sunshine while M was laid up. I did take her to Joanne fabric store it was her one outting and they had the scooter carts so she was sitting the whole time but she was exhausted when we got back.  Bought some stuff to make owl mobiles. They are so cute !!!! This outing wiped her out though. She also got fabric to do a crib sheet and a crib dust ruffle .. We shall see how this goes.

Sun went grocery shopping  it was so nice and empty on a sunday i will have to remember this.  Another fine day at the dog park and then home to watch a netflix marathon. I also made the coconut lime tofu recipe from Butterflygrooves M loved it and it was too limey for me so i will change it up . Otherwise good!

THANK YOU !

It was restful.  

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options

I am back after my week hiatus for VACATION!!! Ah I love that word...

Friday: We did nothing...literally. We sat around the house in our pjs ALL day. Ann and I did clean the house during Ky's 2.5 hour afternoon nap but that is really as motivated as it got....

Saturday: We got up EARLY to make the drive to Indy to see my friend and her family. We talked and Ann basically told me to take the reins on Ky's birthday and go with whatever I wanted (not exactly what I wanted to hear but what I figured based on our wedding planning...). When we got there J (their baby) was still asleep (lucky them, Ky rises at 7:30 AM nearly everyday even while riding in the car apparently...). After she got up the girls got dressed and had breakfast before we headed to the Children's museum. It was AMAZING. I would definately reccomend going there! The girls were a little young but as adults we enjoyed it! Ky rode the carousel and licked the bar the entire time...silly baby. Ky passed out in the car on the way home and refused to nap so she played on the couch while the grown ups watched a movie and J napped. After the nap we had pizza from this really yummy place. We took the grils up to the playroom and it was fun watching them play. It makes me sad that they do not live just a few minutes away anymore. We got Ky ready for bed and then left.

Sunday:Ky and I went to the store while Ann slept in. Here is my guilty confession: Ky fell asleep for her morning nap in the car on the way home (a 10 minute drive) and I knew if I carried her in she would not go back to sleep so I sat in the car for 40 minutes and read Embarrassed Ann and I went to the flea market and then my niece's 4th birthday party. When we got home our friends came over and we had dinner with them and jsut spent our last night hanging out around the house.

Other highlight of the weekend: Ann lost her THIRD wedding ring. That is right folks I said third. First ring (thick single diamond band she chose and then HATED after about a year) she wore for three years and I bought her a nice channel set diamond band for Christmas that year. She lost it four months later while delivering furniture to some house, of course the customer never returned it. So she went back to her old one. That one is MIA, not really sure when she lost but I know it was AFTER Ky was born. I refused to buy another one as she had a small white gold band with a few diamonds I bought her after she proposed. Well we looked all over our friends' car, our car, the diaper bag, the kitchen, living room, their TRASH (Thanks KTP for pulling it ALL out!), everywhere. We told them if they found it to let us know but in the meantime all Ann is getting is a plain white gold band. I thnk we have spent more on her three , now four, wedding rings than on my set!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Friday... was supposed to have been my day off. I came in to work to finish some things for my two back-to-back conferences this week, and ended up staying all day. "Bitter" barely scratches the surface. This would have been the first day in over a year I would have had to/for myself (babies in daycare, S at work). Sigh.

Saturday... we went to music class with the kiddos! They LOVED it! It was SO fun to watch them sway (Peanut) and bop (Little Man) to the music. I can't wait for our next class!

Sunday... we hung out at home. I got away for a few (guilt-laden) hours in the afternoon to try to find clothes to wear to the aforementioned conferences. This new post-baby body shape is heck to dress!

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"