Pregnant after 35

Pregnancy books for DH?

I am thinking of picking up "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" for myself. Can anyone suggest a book for DH with a short attention span =) ? I was considering "The Guy's Guide to Surviving Pregnancy, Childbirth and the First Year of Fatherhood"....any thoughts? 

BFP #1 3/18/2011. EDD 11/27/2011. Missed M/C @ 9w1d 4/25/11. D&C 4/27/11. Anniversary

Re: Pregnancy books for DH?

• I got my DH the kindle version of "The Dad's Guide to Pregnancy for Dummies" He loves it Smile (so do I, I sneak peeks at it from time to time)

It's pretty compartmentalized, so it works well for short attention spans :)

• My DH got "The expectant father" and he seems to like it. I see him reading from time to time.

https://www.amazon.com/Expectant-Father-Advice-Dads---Be/dp/0789210797/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301278395&sr=1-1 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • The books for men are geared for a wide range of personality types. Some expectant fathers love the humorous ones and others just want basic facts. It's worth getting an idea of what style he'd prefer before narrowing down your choices.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My husband is currently reading: The expectant father by Broth & Ash

He already read the everything father to be book and did not care for it very much.

• Short attention span... perfect book:

"My Boys Can Swim!: The Official Guy's Guide to Pregnancy"

https://www.amazon.com/My-Boys-Can-Swim-Pregnancy/dp/0761521674

It's about a 30 minute read, very humorous and still gets the "what to expect your wife/partner to go through" without all the medical stuff.

After my husband read this, he no longer looked at me like I'd grown three heads when having an emotional meltdown. He tries to comfort me and talk me down when I'm upset, and he's always aware of when I'm not feeling well.

It also encouraged him to start reading more serious books about being a first time Dad, which I thought was great. He doesn't need to know all the gory details about pregnancy, but getting his mindset there for being a Dad is was helpful. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • There was one that was recommended for him by one of my colleagues.. called Be Prepared,... it is written like a boyscout manual.. very cute but really informative.. My hubby actually put the diagram on the changing table for changing the diaper for the first time!!!!

I also got him something called..."She's having a baby.. I'm having a nervous breakdown..." that was humorous and lighthearted...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"