Parenting after 35

Fricken' scary

It looks like my father-in-law has pancreatic cancer.  We're so scared for him.  He's the sweetest guy, kind and thoughtful.  I don't know what we can do.  He's barely 60.  I told Rom that we should try to go, assuming I am cleared for travel, even if (worst case) Rom has to resign to do it.  I'm scared, though.  I don't know what we would do with the cats, or if we could find an OB who speaks enough English to put my mind at ease, or how long we would be there...  and I don't want Rom to lose his dad, he's such a great person.  Also, my brother is dealing with prostate cancer that has spread, I want to be there for him, too.  Gah, this is all too much right now...

Thanks for listening... 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Fricken' scary

• Oh no oh no oh no!!! I am so,  so, so sorry Amy!

I am a fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl, so I'd be inclined to say get yer butts over there. Once you're cleared over here just go. Rom can help with French OB's, if need be. 

This sucks! I am so sorry. 

• Awww!  I'm so sorry to hear that.  I hope you all can get over to see him.  60 is so young!  T&P for both your FIL and brother!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My mother in law passed away of pancreatic cancer a few years ago. And my father died from the disease in November. I don't want to be a downer but if you want to go see him I'd find a way to make it happen. T & P going your way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sorry you are going through so much sadness. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Rom.
  • Left Hug So sorry, you guys are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you guys can figure things out so you can see Rom's dad. I'm sorry that this is happening to your family. I hope you can be there for Rom's dad and your brother.
  • I am so sorry. T&P going your way.
  • Oh, no...thinking of you and your family.  FWIW,  a dear family friend was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer years ago, and he is doing great today.  It must have been a miracle, but you just never know.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I would find a way to visit now while you are earlier in pregnancy. When we had to go out of town last min we put an extra large water and food bowls out for cat and had a neighbor check in on them once every couple of days.  Sorry for all of your stress on your family T&P to you.
  • Oh Pepper, I'm so sorry. I hope that they caught it early and that his treatment can put the cancer into remission.  Also I'm sorry to hear about your brother. ::hugs:: You and your family is in my thoughts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"