Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

And now I feel bad....

We live in a small house and hate clutter, so DH and I are pretty good about moving things out when we no longer need or use them. We had three large diaper boxes filled with 3-6 and 6-9 clothes C had outgrown, and offered them to a friend over 8wks weeks ago, before her son was born. She was interested, and we could never connect on a time to drop them off or have them meet us to get them. The baby's now a month old The past few times we tried calling, texting or emailing about the clothes we didn'tget a reply. So two weeks ago, we delivered them to Sal Army. Now, she just IM'd me asking for the clothes, and was a bit short when I said we don't have them anymore. I feel badly that we offered and then gave them away, and I know the first few weeks with a baby are hectic; but we really needed them out of our living room. Hate that feeling... Sad
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: And now I feel bad....

• Options

Well, on the positive side, they still went to people who needed them.

And while the first few weeks of a baby are crazy, either herself or her SO or SOMEONE she knows could have answered one of your calls/texts/emails. I'm sure she found time to upload pictures to Facebook or do other things.

Proud daddy since July 2010
    www.hangingwithdad.com
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagestayathomedaddy:

Well, on the positive side, they still went to people who needed them.

And while the first few weeks of a baby are crazy, either herself or her SO or SOMEONE she knows could have answered one of your calls/texts/emails. I'm sure she found time to upload pictures to Facebook or do other things.

This.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. You made the effort to make sure that she was going to get them, and she dropped the ball. At least they will be put to good use now and hopefully she won't be upset over it for long. Chances are her LO would have already outgrown the bulk of the boxes anyway!
  • Options
    IMO, that was rude of HER and she is the one that should feel bad.  You gave her ample time and tried to contact her.  We've all been through the newborn stage and all know that you would've had time to text someone back.  Heck, even with twins, I had time for more than I ever thought I would.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"