Parenting after 35
Options

Amy!

Thinking of you this weekend. Any plans yet about seeing your FIL and brother?

Re: Amy!

• Options

Hi!

Whuf, we're working on it.  Rom needs to talk to his work to see if he can get some time away.  From there we can work out a timeframe, and decide whether we visit and come back for the third tri, or just stay.  If we just stay, we need to prep the cats for international travel and get ready to move (again) and if it's a visit we need to set up a catsitter and talk to my OB.

Rom's dad wasn't doing well yesterday morning, so they took him in to the hospital early to get some fluids and food into him and help him with pain.  He starts chemo Tuesday.  It's so unfair, he's such a thoughtful, kind person and he and Rom's mom have such a comfortable, happy relationship... and he *just* lost his own mom.  I hate to think of him in pain.

Do you guys think bringing Margaux into the middle of this is a good idea?  I thought it would be nice for him to see her, and having her around might be a positive distraction for everyone,, but maybe it would be a bother, or too intense?

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

This all sucks so much. I feel so bad for all you guys.

And I personally don't think it'll be too intense for Margaux.  If, God forbid, FIL takes a turn for the worse then I think it would mean a lot to her to know that she was there with him, even if she can't remember. And if things go well then I think it can only make all you guys stronger as a family.

And the logistics all seem sh!tty to look after. Taking care of that stuff sucks during the best of times. I would offer to look after your kitties, but our place is small and DH doesn't want any more kitties till we're somewhere bigger :(

That said, staying over there is something to consider. I looked into a pet transport company several years back, just in case we were moving back over there, and there's a pet charter that is basically like a flying kennel - animals have their own cabin and are constantly looked after. Much better than flying in the hold. I think it flew through London though.

Anyhoo, I'm rambling. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"