Working Moms

Is your DC on a feeding schedule and how does it work?

I am going back to work next week (DD will be 7 weeks) and am wondering about how to work out a feeding schedule. I've seen some sample ones and it seems like you are supposed to pump every 3 hours, nurse right before work and right after work.  Just wondering if this is a reality for most working moms, what other people's DC's sleeping habits are like with a mom that works.

Re: Is your DC on a feeding schedule and how does it work?

• No schedule that we tried, but DD fell into somewhat of a routine.  She wakes up a couple times overnight to eat.  In the mornings, it varies. Somedays she wakes up and wants to eat right away, other mornings I have to wake her up right before I leave.  I always feed her before going to work.

I pump in the morning, BF her at lunch, and pump in the afternoon.  I bf her whenever she wants in the evening, which tends to be a lot!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Before I went back to work, I kept track of DS's feeding schedules (since he set his own) to see if there was a pattern.  I saw that he basically ate around the same times each day - wake up, 9am, 11:30am, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm, and bedtime.  So I made his daycare providers stick to that exact schedule instead of waiting for his cues.  (His first day there was without schedule, and he practically forgot to eat!)  So here was our daily schedule:

Wake-up:  breastfeed before leaving house
    9am:  bottle
    11:30am:  I visited to breastfeed
    2pm:  bottle
    4pm:  bottle
    6pm:  breastfeed, or basically when we got home
    Bedtime:  breastfeed

His overnight schedule was all over the map for a while. He started STTN around 8 months.  He dropped the 6pm feeding when he started solids.  He droped the 4pm bottle at 8 months and moved the 2pm bottle an hour later.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"