Military Families
Options

New here :)

Hi ladies! DH is AD Army and we just had our first baby. He's recruiting right now, and we're stationed right outside of Boston (we feel so fortunate to be here-what a great city!). I was 20 weeks pregnant when we PCSed from Germany, and it was definitely a little rocky trying to balance an overseas PCS during that time but luckily I found a wonderful OB in our area pretty quickly.

Does anyone have any experience with the Green to Gold program? DH has about 60 credits and he wants to apply for the program within the next couple of months. Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

Congrats to everyone on your pregnancies and LOs, and I look forward to getting to know all of you. Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New here :)

• Options
    No specific info on Green to Gold except to suggest that he search online for the OCS forums and chat with people there; my husband found the boards very helpful when he went from enlisted to O (he didn't do Green to Gold, though, but there were tons of those guys in his OCS class). Also, we're stationed at Ft Campbell, but I'm on the Cape staying with family during his deployment until I deliver, so hola neighbor!
  • Options

My husband is also doing green to gold. There is information online about it and all of the requirements for the program. I know the deadline for the fall semester is April 1. There is an opportunity in the fall to apply for the program as well. There are different levels, depending on what exactly he wants to do.

Here is a site with some more information. 

https://www.goarmy.com/rotc/enlisted-soldiers.html

Good Luck! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for the info! And hello to you seastar! I hope you enjoy your time on the Cape; we're going to try and spend some time there this summer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"