Minnesota Babies
Options

St Paul ped rec needed, please.

Okay, I know this is probably asked here ALL the time, but I have no CLUE where to begin looking for a pediatrician for our baby who is due in June. I am the first of my friends to have a baby, so I have no one to ask about this stuff!

We live in the Summit Hill neighborhood of St Paul, and would prefer to find a doctor within 5 miles or so...Grand Ave, Highland or downtown would be preferred.

Any recommendations or who to check out (or who to avoid)?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: St Paul ped rec needed, please.

• Options

My daughter sees Dr. Jason Maxwell at the HealthPartners Clinic in St Paul right across the Wabasha St bridge from DT. He is great! He was recommended to us by my OB and the pedi that saw my daughter right after she was born, at Regions. I would ask your OB and see if he/she has a rec for you too. GL! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We love Dr. Kovarik at the Healthpartners Como clinic.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We see Dr. Leann West at Health Partners Midway. It's not the nicest clinic in the world, but we love her.  We also saw Dr. Jason Maxwell (HP Wabasha clinic, as mentioned above) at Regions when my daughter was born and thought he was great. A coworker takes her 4 kids to him and recommends him as well.
  • Options
    We see Dr. Coyne at Pediatric and Young Adult Medicine in downtown St. Paul, kiddy-corner to Children's Hospital. He's super quick with the shots and has 7 kids of his own which in my opinion adds to his expertise.
  • Options

This is probably within 5 miles and totally worth the drive. I highly recommend Mendakota Pediatrics in West St. Paul. There are two pedis there..the main pedi owns it and they are both phenomenal. If you need something day or night, you call the clinic and talk to whoever is on call. I have nothing but awesome things to say about them. Great, one-on-one attention and no icky big clinic feelings.

https://www.mendakotapeds.com/

BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

• Options
    All of the physicians at the Children's Clinic at Children's Hospital are wonderful.   They have been featured in Mpls/St. Paul's Top Docs nearly every year.  I used to work at the hospital and most of my coworkers took their kids there.   Anyway here are the names: Jim McCord, Gigi Chawla, Bill Zimny, Kent Wegmann, Kristin Peterson.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"