Parenting after 35
Options

Anything exciting for you this weekend?

(trying to insert myself around here... lol)

Anyone have anything fun or exciting going on this weekend?  Nothing here.  DH is a CPA and it's crunch time.  He's currently mowing the weeds, I mean lawn, and then headed to the office.  I'm just so grateful he's mowing.  Last year I started taking that on some (never had mowed in my entire life!) but since it's mostly weeds we have to bag it.... pregnant and constantly bending over to take the bag off and put it back on and dump it in the big bag in between.... not fun). 

After that he'll be headed to the office and I won't see him again until after the boys are in bed.  He's managed to not go into the office every Sunday so far but I think that streak will end tomorrow).

The boys and I will go pick up my mom and bring her over here for a good part of the day.  She's got early-to-mid-stage Alzheimer's and is in Assisted Living near us.

And in between, I need to do some house picking/cleaning up.  This place has gone to pot during the 1st trimester.  Energy is back and I am out of excuses.

That's about it.... boring!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anything exciting for you this weekend?

• Options
    Oops, thought I was in "PREGNANT after 35" but I fit in here too.  Nice to meet you, ladies!
  • Options

Ah.. don't sweat it.  You fit in just fine around here!

As for the weekend.. see my earlier post about date night!!!  It was a blast!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Me? I am contemplating murder. Or arson. Not sure which yet. We had *another* house showing scheduled today. But, as per the usual, they did a drive-by this morning and cancelled due to the neighbor's yard. I hate her with every fiber in my body. I called to tell her and she said she really was going to try to work on the yard next week. That would be nice but I have heard the same thing for TWO YEARS STRAIGHT. It's 11:41am and I need a drink. A big one.

• Options

Geez, JenniferTCU, do we live on the same block?? We just got our neighbor on one side an unsightly yard notice (30 days to clean), and we're getting the other (on the other side of us) done soon as well. We're listing soon and don't want people scared off by the crap in their yards. I'm just glad the couch in the front yard next door is gone. And that the town agrees that the drive shaft in the yard on the other side is not a lawn ornament. Which is only part of a small reason why we are moving.

So our exciting things for this weekend are: E is turing 5 tomorrow and we're having a little luau to celebrate. And it's still snowy outside, so we're imagining being in Hawaii for her birthday. I'm cleaning tonight. And tomorrow morning.

And....we just signed with a builder to build a new house. I'm really excited, and nervous. I feel like throwing up....it's a huge step, and a good move for us, but it's a huge amount of work on me for the next few months. And possesion is targeted for Nov 30. I really hope we can be in for Christmas. Tongue Tied

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"