Pregnant after 35

just saying hi and bye

there's a whooooole lotta nastiness and immaturity over on the 1st and 2nd tri boards and it weirdly seems to be the prevailing tone of this site. they're not talking about pg, they're tearing each other to shreds! i'm laughing but it's ridiculous, really. i've enjoyed this more supportive board in the short time it's been around, but i've decided to cancel my membership here.

besides this board, have any of you found other ones that are a little smarter and more mature?

anyway, i wish you all the best with your pregnancies and beyond!

Re: just saying hi and bye

• Since you're a fellow Canuck, maybe you'd be interested in our Canada board on the Nest? It isn't specifically a pg/ttc board, rather a pretty general board, although a lot of us are moms/pg/ttc so there is a lot of talk about those. No snarkiness or meanspiritedness there - everyone really is great.

If you're interested, it's here.

• My sister loves babycenter chat rooms.  So maybe there.  Sorry to see you go!

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Loading the player...
  • I agree with FrauDrA, the Canada board has some great supportive ladies.  There are tons of mom's and pg ladies on there too:-)
  • I too found the 1st Tri board filled with childish antics and ridiculing of others. Kind of appalling, actually, in such a miraculous and mostly joyous time of our lives. So far this board is nothing but super friendly and very supportive which I believe it will stay this way...pregnant over 35 does have some advantages such as maturity :)

Maybe you'll stick around? I dont know of any other boards yet...sorry.

• I agree that this is a much more supportive board.  1st & 2nd Tri reminds me of a high school teen drama.

The What to Expect board seems to be OK.  It is blocked from my work computer, so I am not on there as often but it's not the soap opera that some of the other boards can be.

• I bypassed those boards personally. I agree, this is supposed to be a happy time, so why act like a child?

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• In a way, I feel fortunate to have struggled with infertility because I found the Trouble TTC board and now the Success after Infertility board to be amazingly supportive and mature.  I totally agree with what you're saying about the generic TTC & pregnancy boards.
    Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"