Health & Exercise

Losing the baby weight

I guess it's just not in the cards for me! I have been eating well and working out consistently and the scale does not budge. I gained 50 pounds during my pregnancy (yea...I know) and 25 fell off in the first two weeks without doing anything. Since two week postpartum I have not lost a single pound. I was always under the impression that breastfeeding helped you lose the weight, but I guess that's not the case for me. Anyone else not able to lose while breastfeeding? Any tips? Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Losing the baby weight

• I think for some people breastfeeding helps the pounds melt off and for others it does not.  I know a lot of people who did not lose those last few pounds until they stopped breastfeeding.  What kind of exercise are you doing?  Have you tried to keeping a food journal so you're aware of everything you're eating?  I know it's not what you want to hear but it's ok if the weight doesn't fall off immediately.  For some people it takes time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagerach10782:
    I think for some people breastfeeding helps the pounds melt off and for others it does not.  I know a lot of people who did not lose those last few pounds until they stopped breastfeeding.  What kind of exercise are you doing?  Have you tried to keeping a food journal so you're aware of everything you're eating?  I know it's not what you want to hear but it's ok if the weight doesn't fall off immediately.  For some people it takes time.

I got 8 days into the 30 day shred and hurt my knee really bad. Doc put me in a brace and advised me to do low impact exercises. We bought an elliptical and I do that every morning for 30 minutes and average about 2 1/2 miles during that time. I go on a lot of walks with the baby but I don't really count that as exercise since it's more for leisure and I don't get my heart rate up.I'm thinking of doing the shred again but skipping through the jumping jacks and jump roping. I haven't tried keeping a journal but that sounds like a good idea, thank you! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I lost 1/2 my weight and am still hanging on to the other 1/2 too. If I KNEW that it was because of bfing I would be very tempted to quit! (But I won't...)
  • Can I be honest?  Working out never makes ME lose more than 5 lbs.  In order to lose the weight (pre wedding and post partum) it was exactly the same.  I cut out most of my simple carbs.  Basically I'm saying to get your carbs from your veggies.  Other than that don't eat carbs.  Seriously.  People say as soon as you eat again it comes back.   True BUT once you're at your goal just eat 1 meal with simple carbs a day after and you'll maintain. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"