Postpartum Depression
Options

what is wrong with me?

I feel like I'm going crazy. I've had problems with depression for many years and when I got pregnant with LO I was a mess and my dr put on meds...well I've been without insurance since Dec and won't have any until Aug. I feel like I'm fine when no one is around but me and LO. DH seems to have no desire to help or spend anytime with LO as he says he's not "fun" yet. My oldest son is from a previous relationship and I took care of him on my own....I thought having a baby when married ment it would be a joint task. Granted I stay home with LO and that's what I wanted I feel like DH would rather be at work, or watching TV or with friends rather than be here with LO and I. DH loves to spend time with our oldest son, since he's about to be 8 and is fun. I'm exhuasted, frustrated, and sad. I feel like I can't rely on DH to help out around here and it frustrates the hell out of me. DH will be leaving in Aug for basic and AIT for 7 months...doesn't he want to get time in with us while he can? Considering he's the manager of a company and their season is about to begin and he'll be working 12+ hr days here soon. I've always wanted at least 3 kids...now I feel like I'm done. I feel like I get more frustrated then anything and I feel bad that I do....but like I said I feel fine when no one else is here but me and LO. I want to feel happy....but it seems impossible. =(

Re: what is wrong with me?

• Options

I'm sorry.

My mom said something to me just after LO was born. She said sometimes men just aren't that great with babies. They are "wired" differently, that men just don't have a nurturing mode that automatically kicks in when LO is born.

When LO is older, and not so much a baby anymore, he will come around. I think it speaks volumes that he is great with your older son! Just give it some time :)
  • Options

You may need to find a support community of like-minded moms to meet with every week.Don't know where you live but meetup.com can find you a group.

One I know of is at Well Baby Center, 12316 Venice Blvd, Mar Vista, wellbabycenter.org. It is by suggested donation and you can hang out on the astroturf for hours! Great way to get connected and feel better. Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"