Military Families

Prime and Hospital Stay

I have Tricare Prime and go to see a doctor at the Navy Hospital.  So far this pregnancy, I have not had to pay for any service nor received any bill.  I am under the impression that DH and I will not be charged for any future service either.  I am currently filling out the pre-admissions packet, and there is a section regarding paying for the hospital stay.  I know that hospital stays under Tricare are fairly reasonable, but I thought Prime covered it 100%?  Could someone please clarify for me...I'm trying to find my Prime handbook, but I'm not sure where I put it.

ETA: I found my handbook, and it says that Tricare Prime covers hospitalization for labor, delivery, and recovery.  If anyone has had a different experience under Prime, let me know :)

Re: Prime and Hospital Stay

• You should be fully covered under Prime. I'm delivering at an Army Hospital, and have paid nothing out of pocket yet, nor do I believe we will for labor and delivery stay.

I think you can go to the tricare website and they do a breakdown of it for you, if I remember correctly. :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I didn't pay a penny for anything from the first blood test through my 6 week post-partum checkup. I'm on Prime and was seen by a civilian OB and delivered at a civilian hospital --induction, epidural, circumcision, and two nights in a private room....all 100% covered.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMereou12:
    I didn't pay a penny for anything from the first blood test through my 6 week post-partum checkup. I'm on Prime and was seen by a civilian OB and delivered at a civilian hospital --induction, epidural, circumcision, and two nights in a private room....all 100% covered.

That's what I thought...thanks for clarifying!!!

• imageforever412:

You should be fully covered under Prime. I'm delivering at an Army Hospital, and have paid nothing out of pocket yet, nor do I believe we will for labor and delivery stay.

I think you can go to the tricare website and they do a breakdown of it for you, if I remember correctly. :)

Oh that's a neat feature, cool!  Thanks :)

• Just leave it blank its prob. the same form they use for everyone

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"