Parenting after 35

S/O diet

We're becoming largely vegetarian again. DH and I ate a mostly veg diet pre-M, then deliberately added more meat thinking M needed the protein. He eats a few bites on occasion, but I have officially broken out the vegetarian cookbook again. 

Re: S/O diet

• M.AmyM.Amy member
    That is great! I would love for my family to eat more vegetarian meals. DH believes there needs to be a starch, protein and veggie in every meal so it is hard for me. I have tried tofu (which I love) but DH and Matty are not fans.
  • imageM.Amy:
    That is great! I would love for my family to eat more vegetarian meals. DH believes there needs to be a starch, protein and veggie in every meal so it is hard for me. I have tried tofu (which I love) but DH and Matty are not fans.
    I hate tofu! We're going to have to rely on beans and pulses. And we're not going totally veg, just more veg.

• Loading the player...
  • My oldest was naturally a vegetarian.  He would eat chicken and fish, but hated any red meat.  To this day, he would turn down beef if he could.  I did a lot of vegetarian cooking for him as well - it was interesting, as I am a carnivore by nature.
  • DH has been really into the Paleo diet modified for athletes. It's mostly raw veggies and fruits with occasional eggs/meat tossed in there. Very little dairy and no carbs. I'm thinking about having all of us join him in the diet, but finding the time to prepare all the raw food for eating is rough. Good luck!!
    I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • I am a veg but DH is a carnivore. Sarah doesn't eat meat, doesn't like it (as most other food). She also doesn't eat tofu or vegetables.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"