Pregnant after 35

would ya do it again?

So dh and I did IVF to bring out little ones into this world and I'm totally digging them.  If I were 10 yrs younger, I'd do this again for a 3rd child but I'm not.  The pregnency was bad enough - bedrest, hemroids, emergency c/s, etc but taking care of 2 babies is physically demanding.  I'm running up and down the stairs, bending over what seems like 100 times a day, lugging carriers/strollers, lack of sleep...etc.  I now know why people do this in their 20s and not 30s.

Anyway, by the end of the day, I'm actually sore and NEED sleep just to rest my body.  Could I do this again?

Re: would ya do it again?

• With twins?  I'm pretty sure that would be it but, in my case, for sure we'll be trying again.  We will start trying in April when Emerson turns one.  I definately want another.  If I was younger, idealy, I wanted three.

I guess that's a question you have to answer for yourself.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If I had twins, NO WAY!  I am sure I would be done.  I had a singleton, so I am already thinking about the next one.  I had DS at 21 and DD at 38.  After DS, I swore no more kids.  It took 14 years to change my mind, and another 2 years of TTC.  I had such an easy time while pregnant with DD that I would not think twice about doing it again.  She is an easy baby, and I am way more laid back this time around.  I do think the patience that comes with age is a virtue to those with young babies.  I am just better prepared to deal with things and keep a good perspective on it now.  Tired?  Oh yeah, but nothing unbearable.  I am ready to try again but doc said wait a year. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll be 39 when our 2nd child is born and that will be it for us.  Right now I'm still adjusting to the idea of having a newborn in the house again.  having a baby at 35 was demanding enough so I can only imagine what it's going to be like this time around. In the end its al worth it though, and that is what usually keeps me going on those exhausted frustrated mommy days.

I

• If I had twins, I would say that's it, but since I only had one and the memory has faded due to lack of sleep- here I am again.  I will have to say that the second pregnancy is a lot harder since I am chasing around a toddler.

Seriously, your babies are too cute! 

• I had twins at 29, and now I'll be having a baby at 40.  Twins are tough, there's no denying it.  However, I think this pregnancy has been more difficult on me physically, even though medically I'm doing better this time.  There is such a difference in being pregnant in your 20's vs your 30's or even 40's.  I'm amazed at how tired I get this time.  I keep hoping that 1 baby will be easier than 2 though.
  • I am still working on the first and I am 37 now (38 by delivery), so I will wait to get through this before we make any decisions.  DH and I hope to have more than one, but we will see what happens!
    DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • That remains to be seen.  I'll be 40 when I deliver (unless baby comes more than 9 days early) and I don't really see myself being ready for another pregnancy anytime soon, so by the time I am I bet we'll be dealing with more than just MFI.  So, I've kind of been assuming we'd adopt #2.
    Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hear you.  While I was fortunate in not having to deal with IF, and with DD being such a great baby and toddler, we are EXHAUSTED.  I can't imagine dealing with twins on top of it.  But we didn't want DD to be an only child.  But I can tell you, the work has definitely impacted our decision on #3, which has gone from a definite to 60-40 in favor of just 2 kids.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• I had my first when I was 41 ... and this one I'm carrying now will be born while I'm 43.  We still have 5 embryos on ice, and I'm planning on doing a Frozen Embryo Transfer as soon as we can.

So, yeah.  I'll do it again.  If I had twins, I'd probably still do it again if I thought I wanted more.  The stairs would kill me, though. There's a lot to be said for apartment dwelling!

• I'm so envious of you guys for having this board!  And yes, I did it again at 41 after doing it first at 39.  Sigh......but we're definitely two and through now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"