Houston Babies

I am so over breastfeeding

I'm over it.  I'm frustrated and want to be done.  I promised I'd go to 12 months with J since I did with A, but seriously I think the kid is starving because she won't sit still for 5 minutes to nurse. I have to wrestle her and she whines and cries all day long because she wants me.  I know this is a phase and I went through it with Amelia at 9 months.  I just hate that I feel this way and want to be done with this phase. 

Re: I am so over breastfeeding

• I love your honesty.  And I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated.  Motherhood is sucky hard some days and that's a serious understatement.

• Around that age Cooper mostly took bottles.  He would not sit still and nurse because he couldn't see anything and with the bottle he could at least face out and watch the world.  But I was pumping at work anyway, so it was just easier to pump on weekends too rather than fight him. 

Good luck, I hope this phase passes quickly for you.

My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • Loading the player...
  • (((hugs)))

I too appreciate your honesty because motherhood (and bfing) isn't all roses and it's definitely a challenge at times.  I remember that stage with Tyler...beyong frustrating! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekatieraye04:

(((hugs)))

I too appreciate your honesty because motherhood (and bfing) isn't all roses and it's definitely a challenge at times.  I remember that stage with Tyler...beyong frustrating! 

I applaud you for going as long as you have!  Looking back I wish I would have stuck it out.  It is frustrating, and thanks for being honest about it.  Day to day, step by step.  You can make it one year. HUGS!!!

• same here.  She's an utter wiggly worm and pinching machine to boot
  • :-(  I'm with you!  It was so much easier to BF DD for 10 months since she was in daycare all day I really only had to do it twice a day and then on the weekends (which we still supplemented with formula anyway).

DS is 5 1/2 months and exclusively BFing all the time is wearing me out.  He is so wiggly and curious about everything and has 2 very sharp bottom teeth!  The only thing stopping me from stopping is that I don't want to buy formula and I don't want to wash bottles!  I'm hoping I can hold out for a year as well.

Hang in there Momma.

Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • imageayersfam20:
    DS is 5 1/2 months and exclusively BFing all the time is wearing me out.  He is so wiggly and curious about everything and has 2 very sharp bottom teeth!  The only thing stopping me from stopping is that I don't want to buy formula and I don't want to wash bottles!  I'm hoping I can hold out for a year as well.

EJ is only ywo weeks older than your DS and hallelujah she doesn't have any teeth yet

• I remember when I went through it with Truitt; I remember when you went through it with Amelia. It's tough. It sucks. {{hugs}} You're a great mom!
  • nitalnital member
    i applaud you for going that long.  i'm over it, and little girl is only a month old.  i wanted to bf for a year, but it's not going to happen.  supply just isn't keeping up with demand (little girl just slurped down 4 oz of formula!  i don't know where she puts it.)  and she has developed this fun habit of suddenly jerking away.  while still latched. OWWWW!
    Have you seen my monkey?
  • I know that feeling.  The light at the end of the tunnel is so close yet so far.  You are doing great. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BFing was the the hardest yet most wonderful thing I've done. My goal was 6 months and then when I made it there I wanted to do a full year. I had to stop abruptly at a little over 9 months for medical reasons and boy oh boy how I missed it. I hated having to figure out how many bottles of formula to take when we were going somewhere. I always had a ready supply when I was BFing. And the right temp too...DD hates cold formula. So I had to figure out how to warm it on the go. Easy at restaurants, not so much at Target.

It is hard. You can do it though. And if you don't, you did great getting to 9 months so pat yourself on the back for that. You're a great momma. ((HUGS))

• lol. Those days are definitely part of the experience, right? I never thought I'd still be nursing at 18 mos. with this very nursy no. 2 (esp. when we started out with so much bottle feeding). I'm ready to quit, but then he seems so unready. In time, right?
  • Ugh, I'm so sorry.  I remember at about 4 months with Micah already starting to countdown... 8 more months, 7 more months, etc.  It ended up going by so fast.

Micah was a wiggly, squirmy, pinchy nurser too.  She hated sitting still. 

And actually, what I realized when she wouldn't nurse for more than 3 mintues was that she wanted to nurse less often.  So I went from 3 hours to 4 hours and she was very happy and would sit longer.  She still rarely nursed longer than 10 minutes at a time (5 minutes each side or 10 minutes total).  And she didn't starve... that baby had some thighs!  :)

Maybe something to try?  Helped my feelings of wanting to quit too! 

This too shall pass, mama.  You are doing a great job! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekat.in.the.hat:

imageayersfam20:

EJ is only ywo weeks older than your DS and hallelujah she doesn't have any teeth yet

This. When S gets teeth, I am done!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecori514:
    imagekat.in.the.hat:

imageayersfam20:

This. When S gets teeth, I am done!

I've figured out that the only time he ever bites down is when he's done eating and is bored.  So after about 5 min I start to watch him and as soon as he's done sucking I unlatch him.  It has made for a much better experience!  I also did what Cali girl said and have started going every 4 hours and he sits still a lot better while nursing now.

Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"