1st Trimester

Poll: How often, how long and what kind of exercise are you getting? What keeps you from doing it,

I've been doing "brisk" walks, 2-4 times a week for about 30-40 minutes.  Also just started a pre-natal yoga DVD that is 45 minutes long, really liked the first time I tried it.  Sometimes shoot hoops for about 15-20 minutes to warm up before workouts, too.  

There are some days when I just have to go home and lay down, usually because of the bad tension headaches I've been getting but sometimes I try to push through them and get some form of exercise.  Interested to hear what everyone else is doing!

(Same birthday, 2 years apart!)

Re: Poll: How often, how long and what kind of exercise are you getting? What keeps you from doing it,

• Carrying DD up and down the stairs 15-20 times a day. Chasing the dog when he breaks his run.

Oh! And the walk to the mailbox. Haha. Sorry, we live in the middle of nowhere, can't do much until the weather gets nicer. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I try to walk 3 - 4 miles a few times a week but havent been feeling too well so its been hit and miss. But I have found that the fresh air makes me feel so much better when I do get out and walk
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Does lifting this can of Ginger Ale to my mouth repeatedly count?

I have a job, a toddler, and exhaustion and sickness.  Exercise can suck it.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DMoney will be a kickass big sister
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm walking 30 minutes everyday.
  • I have been training for a 10k before I got pregnant. The 10k is next Saturday so I am still running 3-5 miles every other day and 6 miles on the weekends while also chasing around my 20 month old DD. After I finish the 10k next weekend I will start running a bit less every other day but plan on running till I can not anymore and walking after i stop running.

• I do kickboxing for an hour 2-3 times a week.  I have a personal trainer I see 2 times a week for 1 hour and then I do 30 minutes of cardio after I workout with him.  I also walk about 4 miles 2 times a week, usually.  I helps with m/s and my energy levels, and I just like it.
    imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 3-4 times a week.  I try to get a combo of cardio, strength training, balance exercises, etc.  Trust me, if you keep it up you'll be glad you did.  Made late pregnancy a lot easier to be in pretty good shape, plus I squatted for 1.5 hours straight when I was in labor.  Glad I trained for that.

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I walk for about 30 minutes every day. :)
    imageimage
  • I go for a 30 minute run every morning. I try to get too the gym in the evenings for an hour, but it depends on how late I have to work.
  • I'm going to stick to taking our dog for walks. I'm thinking about ordering one of those prenatal yoga DVD's though.
  • I do some exercises that I found online to help with back pain every other day. 

I try to walk at least one hour every other day.  I often end up walking to the mall, but it is still brisk and one hour. 

• I have been put restricted exercise.  I was given the go ahead to go swimming so I took DD to the pool today and that was fun.  I think we will go for an hour once a week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"