Stay at Home Moms

Do you, the SAH parent, ever...

Get to sleep in???

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

Re: Do you, the SAH parent, ever...

• DH gets up with him on Saturday mornings so I can sleep in.  I get up with DS the rest of the week, that way DS can sleep in on Sunday.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I sure do - every single day!!!

DH doesn't get much time with Emily due to his frequent "time crunches so, he chose to move his hours back later so he can have 4 hours with her every morning.  He gets up with her around 7am every day and they have their special time.  He gets me up around 9am on the days I don't get up myself and go to the gym.

I also get Saturdays to sleep in, DH picked Sundays.  

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Loading the player...
  • Well, I'm not a parent yet... and since DH doesn't go to work until 5pm... yeah! We usually sleep in until 9:30a or 10a.
  • Every Saturday and Sunday.  Hubster takes over baby duty from Friday at 5:30pm - Sunday at 10:30pm.  I'll help him out, but I don't get out of bed before 10am; I'll even lay in bed reading just to take advantage of alone time in bed Yes
  • Yup...every weekend day DH gets up with DS. Also, DS gets up fairly late...so I never have to be up very early.
  • No, but I prefer not to.  Sleeping in throws off my day!  I'm an early bird.
  • No, but DD eats first thing and I bf.  Once I'm done bfing, then probably one day on the weekend if I want.
  • Yes, but rarely.?
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • No, not really. DD usually wakes up around 7:30 so that's when I get up even on weekends. When I'm really exhausted, I try to take a nap when DD is napping.
  • DH gets up with DS on the weekends so I can sleep in, but my body is just so used to getting up, that I can never truly sleep in.  It's nice to just relax for a little longer though!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah, once in a while. DH's work schedule just switched to m-f 8-4 sooooo I'm on my one all week now but before this he would get up with DS on his days off and let me sleep in. Unfortunately I never really slept =/
  • No.  If I do ever sleep in on the weekends, I feel like it throws my whole day off.
  • Not once in the last 17 mos since DD's birth! It's kind of depressing, but DH just doesn't feel comfortable being alone with DD (insane, I know, and the cause of a lot of stress in our house).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah, like DrunkenWife DH takes baby duty starting Friday afternoon. DH works from 5a-2p...and has an hour long commute to get home so by the time he hits the gym and gets home its 4:30 or 5pm. DS goes to bed at 7...DH feels like he doesnt get enough time during the week...so on the weekend he doesn't want to let DS go.

It's really adorable. :)

• Well, to me sleeping in is to around 8-9am.  So, it depends on how late we went to bed the night before.  If it's before midnight, I'm pretty content with getting up at 7am (when DD#1 goes to school) and staying up.  If we go to bed later, I'll go back to sleep after DD#1 leaves and sleep until the little ones get up (between 8-9).  Same goes for the weekends Smile
    DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Layla is the best sleeper, ever. ?LOL. ?We sleep in everyday. ?

Today, she didn't get up until 10am. :) ?

• on sundays dh tries to let me sleep in but dd doesnt allow is she is all about mommy being out of bed...
  • only when my mom comes to visit.
  • No, I don't count getting up at 9 sleeping in since I have been up 1 or 2 times at night.
  • My H gets up with her one morning of the weekend so I can sleep in.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh yes!  On the weekends DH takes over night and early morning duty! Yes! :-)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"