Military Families

REI/IVF program?

Does anyone have any experience with the IVF program at Wilford Hall (or Brooke is they have moved already)? I just found out that I will not be eligible for the tubal reversal at Fort Carson (had one rupture due to an ectopic and the other was scarred by another ectopic and the docs tied it off...) and the doc here is sending a referral down there for IVF but I wanted to know if anyone has had experience with them? 

TIA 

*~ECBinWYO~*

Re: REI/IVF program?

• I did IUI there 3 years ago, so I don't know if I'll be able to help much, but I can try to answer any specific questions you have.

And we're at Fort Carson right now too.  :)

• When my husband was stationed at Fort Carson and we were doing our infertility treatments; we were told that Fort Carson does not have IVF available at Evans.  We were told of two places we could go and the main one was in Texas, which theres a two year waiting list.  We were lucky that we did not have to go through IVF, but I know of a few couples who are on the waiting list and one who paid out of pocket because Tricare would not cover it.
  • Loading the player...
  • No idea if this will help you or not but I went to get a refferal to go for infertility treatments at Wilford Hall. Because of the waiting list they just sent me off post to a civilian doctor. Everything was covered, and it was actually a lot closer to me. So I dont know if there is anyway you can look into that?

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • imagebuckeyefan27:
    When my husband was stationed at Fort Carson and we were doing our infertility treatments; we were told that Fort Carson does not have IVF available at Evans.  We were told of two places we could go and the main one was in Texas, which theres a two year waiting list.  We were lucky that we did not have to go through IVF, but I know of a few couples who are on the waiting list and one who paid out of pocket because Tricare would not cover it.

She's talking about the IVF program at Wilford Hall, which is the one in Texas, not doing it here at Carson. 

• imageawoodruff27:
    No idea if this will help you or not but I went to get a refferal to go for infertility treatments at Wilford Hall. Because of the waiting list they just sent me off post to a civilian doctor. Everything was covered, and it was actually a lot closer to me. So I dont know if there is anyway you can look into that?

Tricare does not cover IVF regardless of referral status, so unless she's willing to pay out of pocket a referral to an civ doc will do her no good unfortunately.

OP - if you page SmudgesMom here or on the Success after Infertility board, she may be able to give you some insight. She did her IVF at Walter Reed, not Wilford Hall, but she'll be able to give you some general information on IVF at a military facility.

GL! We did our IVF at a civ clinic because we were in the UK at the time, but we're about ready to hit the waiting list for Wilford Hall for #2.

• Thanks so much for all the info, ladies, really appreciate it. We were really hoping for the tubal reversal, but between the rupture and the scarring, the doc said there would be almost no chance of it working, so trying to focus on what *can* be done. 

Thanks! 

*~ECBinWYO~*
  • Hi Tia!

Im in the IVF program at Wilford Hall right now. I start my BCPs this month and will be doing ER in May. All the research I have done says that they are number 3 in Texas for highest success rates. I know other friends personally who have had successful experiences. The doctors are good. I didn't particularly like one of the doctors there, but its my experience that a lot of infertility doctors act like they think they are God, and or are just assholes. They have worked with us, in the fact that my hubby and I had to be rushed into the IVF cycle in May due to TF from anoxic brain injury -- IVF is $4500, then IVF with ICSI is $4800 -- fortunately TriCare is covering our IVF costs because my husbands injuries he sustained on active duty are causing the infertility. Let me know how you like it!

Married November 2007
    DH became a double above knee amputee with traumatic brain injury (TBI) - July 2009
    TTC - August 2009 DX: Severe MFI & TF due to TBI
    DH SA 0 count, started clomid therapy - November 2010
    DH SA 0 count, increased clomid dosage - January 2011
    DH SA 75 million with 60% motility!! - May 2011
    IVF with ICSI ONLY OPTION - May 2011
    3dt of 2 Grade A 8&7 cell embryos May 19, 2011
    +HPT May 30 2011 -- Memorial Day!
    Beta #1 = 34 Beta #2 = 101.8 Beta #3 = 603!
    Expecting beautiful Eden Grace February 7, 2012!
    I don't believe that God ever tells us "no". he has three options. Yes, not right now, or I have something better in mind. We just have to wait & see. BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hello. My name is Michelle and I just am starting the TR journey at Fort Carson. Can you tell me how you went about it? My appt w/ OB/GYN is May 10th. I am curious on their rules TR. Thanks!

• i myself am going to go though the fort carson tubal reversal  has any one else gone through with it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"