Stay at Home Moms
Options

Anything you did to "prepare" for SAH?

I'm just wondering if there are things I should do to prepare for SAH/part-time at home work? I have never done anything but work and while excited about it all, want to make sure my transmission is smooth . Especially if my job doesn't let me do part-time and I end up full-time SAH.

Re: Anything you did to "prepare" for SAH?

• Options
    I saved, saved, saved the entire 9 months knowing I wouldn't be going back to work. Everything I saved was specifically for us during my time at home.
  • Options
    If you haven't already start paying all the bills with just your husband's income.  Deposit your check directly into a savings account that you do not touch.    If you enjoy adult interaction start looking into mom groups in your area that you can go to once your baby arrives.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We paid off both cars to free up cash when I SAH. Money is the big issue for most SAHM it is difficult going from two incomes to one and important that you cut your spending with your cut in pay.
  • Options

We lived off of just DH's income for 2 yrs, used my income to pay off all CC debt and car loans and save a huge house downpayment.  Then we bought a house figuring the mortgage amount on just DH's income. 

HTH.

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
  • Options
    I was already a SAHW/student, so pretty much the only hard part for me has been trying to find time to work on school stuff.
  • Options

Put more money towards bills to pay them off quicker.  Purchase any big ticket items now that you think you will need (like a freezer).  At the same time, put some money away in savings incase of emergency.  Try to life off of Dh's income & cut spending where you can.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We saved as much money as we could.
  • Options
    We saved a good portion of my paycheck for months.   I also researched various things for me and DS to get involved with in the community so that I didn't go stir crazy ;-)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"