New York Babies

New moms/parents meet-up - Union Sq/BK?

Hi! I'm interested in connecting with other moms and parents-to-be either in the city or in BK. Because we're the first of our friends to have a baby, it would be great to connect with others in the same boat. 
image image

Re: New moms/parents meet-up - Union Sq/BK?

• I'm a mom-to-be due in September. I'd be up for this. I live on the Lower East Side, but it wouldn't be too hard for me to meet up near Union Square. Let me know what you were thinking. Has anyone else gotten back to you?

• Hi! You're the first to get back to me. I'm due in August. I was thinking maybe meeting up at Coffee Shop to connect. Thanks! 
    image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello! I live in SoHo and am due in October. I think a Union Square meetup is a great idea, especially as the Babies R Us is right there! I was thinking of attending some of their special events (which I'm sure are just to push product but I'm hoping they might be a little useful) in April.  
    April 2010 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Romantic Pic
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What days and evenings are you usually free? I would be able to meet most evenings (except for Mondays) or on the weekends in the mid to late afternoon. I haven't been to Coffee Shop for a while, but that's a good meeting spot. There is also a Pret at Union Square that has a big seating area upstairs.

• Hi - Yep, Babies R Us and Pret are great ideas - not to mention snacking around the green market on a nice day. :) I was thinking weekday evenings around 6 or Saturday afternoons. 

image image
  • Hi, ladies!

I'd love to join in a meet up! I'm due in April, and live pretty close to Union Square. I'm still working fulltime, so my weekdays are pretty full up, but since LO will be here any day now, my days should be opening up.

BFP #1 5/1/10, missed mc dx 6/4/10 BFP #2 8/5/10, baby boy arrived 4/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hmmm.... it looks like Babies R Us is doing some sort of "Super Baby Shower" event on Saturday, April 9 in the early afternoon. Maybe we could check that out and grab something either before or afterwards?

If people prefer, I could also do next week sometime in the evening, or we could aim for an evening in April when the weather might be nicer. (It looks like BRU has Breastfeeding 101 on Tuesday April 5 at 6:30 p.m. if people are interested in combining with an event there.)

• I was planning on attending the "Super Shower" at Babies R Us on April 9. Planning on dragging DH to the store beforehand to check out cribs and strollers but would love to meet up for a bite after. Coffee Shop and Pret are both great options!   
  • The April 9 Super Shower seems cool at BRU. Love to meet up afterwards - I'll have DH in tow, too.  
    image image
  • I am definitely interested in meeting up as well! I am due in June, and live in Union Square.  I am free weekdays, but 630 is usually the earliest I could get there... weekends work great as well!

I was going to try to go the the breastfeeding as well, maybe we can get an email chain going?

I am jewel2515@yahoo.com :) Julie

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hi Ladies!

If it isn't too late, I'd love to join in.  I'm not completely positive that I can make the Saturday, April 9th date, but I'll try.  Is this meet-up something you are thinking of doing monthly?! 

• Hi, all,

Looks like I can't make it to the gathering on April 9th, either. I like the idea of trying to make this a monthy meeting, though.

• A monthly meet-up would be great for me! Perhaps we could do one on weekday evenings and another on weekends? I'm in Brooklyn but can easily get to Union Sq at any time. Where is everyone else located? 
    image image
  • So who is definitely planning on being at the BRU event this Sat? I'll see you there!
  • Another late April Momma here. Although I'm not particularly interested in the Babies R Us event, I would definitely be interested in meeting up afterwards. What time is the event expected to end? 
    Love, Peace and Rock & Roll the urban ellas Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"