LGBT Parenting
Options

PCP/TTC/ATP Wednesday

Anything new going on this week?  How are the little ones?

QOTD: How do you plan to celebrate Easter or Passover with your children?

Re: PCP/TTC/ATP Wednesday

• Options

Ella is on the mend but still a snotty mess.  Hopefully she is less snotty on Sat for her pictures.  I can not wait.

We are dealing with a bully at daycare.  I am sick of her pushing E around.  She is almost 3 and takes toys away and is generally too rough with E.  I am going to have to talk with dc provider and am dreading it.  My only hope is that she goes to preschool in the fall.

Easter-  Last year we gave E a "basket" with a few toys and some puffs in it.  She was pretty happy with her bunny ears and we went to my parents for Easter dinner.  This year my mom is doing an egg hunt for her.  Which will be very funny I am sure.  She will wear her easter dress and look cute.  My parents will go to church but I don't think we will join them perhaps we will stop by coffee hour at the end so E can say hi to my parents friends. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

<----is watching the clock

Just waiting now for HCG test. Is it March 30 yet???

This is really difficult, I don't know how people do it. DW and I are trying to distract ourselves but its so hard not to wonder every second!!! I am ultra sensitive to everything my body is doing and it doesn't help that the drugs create their own side effects. Focusing on eating really well and getting plenty of fluid. And waiting.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

A has been enjoying too much TV while on Spring Break so today I am going to crack open the TV Free Activities book.  She is getting a molar and says it feels weird, I think she needs something to chew on to relieve the itch.

I got an email yesterday with the revised visitation schedule for LO.  There will be another overnight visit this weekend, a full weekend visit next weekend, move-in on the 11th or 12th of April if the other visits go well. 

QOTD: We are doing an egg hunt and probably BBQing at our house this year.  I like to make individualized baskets for the kids to open before the egg hunt.  We will dye eggs the night before Easter.  We don't do church usually but I like to remind A and now LO what Easter means for our religion.

• Options

Nothing really new in our house. Both kids have had accidents at school this week, which is odd..I can't tell you the last time Grayson did.  I am just hoping it is a flukey thing. We are all sad that it is getting cooler again (chance of flurries this weekend!??!!?) since we were all so happy with running around outside, having the doors open, and getting energy out.

The kids have been asking a lot about their birth. I am just waiting for the "how did we get in there" question. Right now, they are focused on how they got out. LOL.

Re: Easter - The kids get Easter baskets, usually with a bit of candy, some books, and perhaps a small toy. We do an egg hunt at the playground across the street from our house (we are typically there before anyone is there playing!) and then go downtown to play tourist. We haven't gone to church in the past, but we might this year. We don't promote the Easter Bunny - L can't pass off on a rabbit who delivers candy (but she is okay with Santa and flying reindeer *shrug*) so the kids know we do it.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Our Little Man tripped at school yesterday and has a fat lip. His tooth also cut the back of his lip. I get so sad when one of the Kiddos gets hurt. The Kiddos are walking all over the place...and fast! Peanut is repeating words nicely and knows how to identify all the animals on the wall paper in the nursery...oh, and lick restaurant windows...LOL! Little Man has developed his own inflection of "mama" when he wants C. Monday morning I went to get him when he woke and he didn't want me, he wanted C. He sat in the middle of the bed, pointed to the door, and kept saying (in a higher-toned pitch than he calls me) "mama." 

I may have bought them one too many toys, but I do enjoy watching them play.

As far as Easter, C and I have not discussed this in detail. I do know we will go to Church; Lent is a very important season for us. The Kiddos already have their outfits. C got a really nice dress for Peanut and a matching pants outfit for Little Man. Easter baskets? C and I haven't talked about that part of the "holiday."

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

I've already updated everyone on our progress, but I'll repeat it :D  Tomorrow morning is another mid-cycle U/S (CD15) to be followed by back to back IUIs (tries 3 and 4).  Then, on what will be CD1 if our IUIs don't work, we have an informational meeting for foster parenting.  That should be an interesting day!

AOTD:  We're not Christian or Jewish, but we do participate in many religious holidays in secular ways.  I minored in religious studies and it's important to me that our kids understand religion, so we'll give them age appropriate explanations along with their Easter baskets and Christmas trees, etc...  As far as particular plans, I don't have any yet!

• Options
    imagessg73:

Ella is on the mend but still a snotty mess.  Hopefully she is less snotty on Sat for her pictures.  I can not wait.

Have you tried the NOSE FRIDA concept is a lil gross but its amazing  AMAZING. My sister and friends all use it and wow.... I am impressed. BEST SNOT SUCKER OUT THERE. I am excited about this when those babies come!!!!

-j

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options

We are 2+ weeks into E's drawn out bedtimes due to her being afraid of going to sleep and having a bad dream...yawn. Aside from that she is doing well. She is frequently asking me questions about how to spell different words and I just find that amazing...soon she will be reading!

Funny I was just thinking about Easter last night when I encountered the Easter treats aisle at the store. I have E for Easter day this year so (her dad and I rotate the major holidays) so we will certainly do something, maybe with family. The last 2 years her dad and I have taken her together to a community egg hunt on the Saturday before, so we will probably do that again this year. I give E a small basket with a few treats and books and crayons, etc.

• Options

I think I updated everyone on our situation. Bedrest for 6more weeks. Will do what we need to to Keep them Babies cooking!

The looked so much bigger on Ultrasound yesterday in comparison to last week  and we only got a sneak pea because the Dr was just concerned about the cervix. 

Melanie is concerned that she does not feel them so much. He siad its 50/50 some women feel the 50% before 20 weeks and 50% of them after 21weeks. She thinks its because she is a lil heavier.  

I have lost 70 Lbs in 4 months thanks to surgery. BEST THING I EVER DID- however I would be ok if I plateaued as I am worried about being too skinny. Does that make sense- I still have a fat brain and mentality.  Anyhow, I am so thankful that I had the surgery. 

QOTD: I am Jewish and M family is Catholic but her Mom BFF was Jewish and pretty much raised M because her mom was MRS. IBM and a workaholic. Because I see Judiism as more of a cultural thing than a religion thing as does Melanie we want our kids to be exposed to as much of it as possible. I also have deep seeded history as my Grandmother is the only one in her family who survived the holocaust.  Celebrating Passover will be done in a traditional reformed manor.  We would also allow the children to do Easter stuff but no church or lent just the commercialized part of the holiday.  We plan on raising the kids Jewish Not kosher or orthodox just reformed but they will celebrate Xmas with Grandma and Grumpa (Melanie's parents) at least that is the plan. Melanie went to a catholic H.S for a year or so and had a horrible experience. A Nun dressed  her in a hot pink teddy and paraded her around the field during homecoming because she said she was atheist.

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    We have the super nicu snot sucker so we have not had to go the nosfrieda route yet.  It isn't stuck at this point anyway just running all the time. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was home yesterday with a cranky, but oddly not sick, RB.  That girl is such a trip.  Her surgery has been rescheduled for the beginning of April so fingers crossed that we can keep her healthy until then.  Other than that, things are status quo.  Sprout's been very emotional following his visits with mom...i'm not sure if its because he went a while with out seeing her, or if he can sense something is up.  I dont think the department has informed mom of the goal change yet so i dont think its anything she's saying or doing thats making him upset, but i dont know....he's an incredibly intuitive little guy.  And Daisy is getting bigger by the day.  She's not a newborn anymore for sure (tear). Such a happy girl - i cant believe how lucky we got with her!!

QOTD:  We celebrate both Passover and Easter.  For passover, we will have a few seders with the family.  The temple doesn't encourage small children to attend services so we will be skipping that for the next few years, but our dinners with the family always include a discussion of the holiday and we read the Haggadah.

For Easter, we will take the kids to church then do an early dinner with the family.  I'm not sure if we're hosting (shoudl probably figure that out!), but we usually host all the holidays.  We also get into the secular stuff and the easter bunny hides baskets for the children to find in the morning and we always do at least 1 easter egg hunt each season.

• Options

Henry's third tooth is almost completely broken through.  #4 is close behind - I'm expecting to see it next week.  Everyone says "That's great!" when I mention that he's getting all his teeth at once, but I fail to see what is great about this...  Week after week of teething pain for him and tough nights for us both.  I have day dreams about sleeping for 8 hours straight...  I'm feeling emotionally and mentally ready for some (gentle) sleep training with him, but the teething is really throwing a wrench in that.  I don't want to be cutting back on nursing/rocking when he genuinely needs the comfort.

Tax season is nearly over, and I am feeling the cumulative effect of living the life of a single parent for 6 days a week since January.  I am tired in every sense of the word. 

It isn't all doom and gloom - I swear Henry is cuter each day, and we do have a lot of fun together.  We had great days on Monday and Tuesday.  Yesterday was fine until the evening - he was so uncomfortable with the teeth, poor guy.  Today is a challenge.

QOTD: We will celebrate Easter in a secular manner. We are not religious at all, but were raised in catholic families, so our relatives celebrate all those holidays. For us, Easter will be about celebrating Spring.  I think we'll do a little easter basker for Henry with some little toys or whatever, even though he has no idea what it's all about :-)

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"