Oregon Babies

CP: Which Marriott to stay in?

We are headed to Portland in a few weeks- bringing our 2YO.  I'll be flying solo for 2 weekdays without a car- so I'd like a location that is easy for walking to restaurants/shopping/attractions or accessible to public transportation.  Does anyone have any recommendations between the Marriott City Center or the Marriott Downtown Waterfront?

Also, if you have any recommendations for attractions or restaurants with a very active 2YO- I'd love to hear them!  We'll be there for 5 days (including travel days- so more like 3.5).

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: CP: Which Marriott to stay in?

• Waterfront is beautiful and is right across the street from the waterfront (duh), there are always awesome things happening there...and you can take walks and feed ducks and see the sights.

As for stuff to do, Oregon Zoo and the Children's Meuseum are close, and also OMSI (Oregon Meuseum of Science and Industry). Shopping is fun downtown too, and Pioneer Place mall is a great place to go and walk around :)

Hope that helps!

PS...Public Transportation in Portland is AWESOME! Busses are all over the place, and the MAX line runs from Hillsboro to the Airport, Expo Center, and Clackamas. You can catch the MAX practically anywhere (even takes you to the Zoo and Children's Meuseum!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The Marriott city center is much more centrally located. It's in the heart if downtown and just a couple blocks from Max and the streetcar. Although the waterfront us lovely, it's on the edge of downtown and a bit of a walk to public transportation, dining, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I'd go with City Center because access to MAX and the streetcar are much easier.  You can take MAX to the zoo or children's museum.  You could also go to the playground in the NW park blocks near Powells if it's not too rainy.  Oh, and Powells has a great children's area where you can sit and read books.  The library downtown has story times all week.  Finnegan's Toy Store is across the street from the library.  If you need to get a lot of energy out, you can take the streetcar to PlayDate PDX.  CHAP is always fun and is reachable by streetcar too.  Pioneer Place, Nordstrom, and Macy's are walking distance from the Marriott. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"