Houston Babies

F/U Are most MDO programs like preschool?

Again this is me being clueless.  I totally get the MDO thing and wish we could afford it at times but when I was a teen I used to work for a MDO program in the summers and it was more of a play thing for the kids.  I guess things really have changed. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: F/U Are most MDO programs like preschool?

• At my kids' school they are not the same.  The MDO does work on a few skills, but pre-school is more structured.  The main goal is learning skills and academics whereas the MDO is really more play.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our MDO is a MDO and Preschool, as they get into the 3 and 4yr old classes that is more preschool like while the younger kids are more MDO/play.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • For the 3-4 age range, MDO at our place is like preschool.  And the new one that Emmy is going to next year is pretty much MDO = prek
    Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • The MDO my older DD goes to is more like a pre-school.  The church MDOs in my area are more like babysitting services/playtime.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemissjake:

The MDO my older DD goes to is more like a pre-school.  The church MDOs in my area are more like babysitting services/playtime.

Ours is a church MDO and the older ages 3-4 is a preschool.    I've also looked into another church and they have a separate preschool program from the MDO, their MDO though is still learning enriched just not as much as the preschool program, as their preschool program has certified teachers. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Our MDO has learning, but they take naps and have lots of play time...  When they hit 4-5 it's a preschool program..  No diaper, no naps, and more structure.  Ours is at a church.  MDO is also just a few days a week.  The PreK is 5 days a week.

• imagebpaullo:

Our MDO has learning, but they take naps and have lots of play time...  When they hit 4-5 it's a preschool program..  No diaper, no naps, and more structure.  Ours is at a church.  MDO is also just a few days a week.  The PreK is 5 days a week.

Sounds like ours. Reagan will be in their preschool class next year which is 5 days a week and is much more structured. Before that they have MWF or TTH classes (you can sign up for both) and they are less structured yet still learning. 

Crazy Christmas Kids!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Like others have said, MDO is just play for now and though they do some teaching, it's not structured or anything. Both her current MDO and the one she starts in the fall are church MDOs and it becomes more pre-school after 3 years of age.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"