Military Families
Options

Tricare Question

Does anyone know if you get an "insurance card" or "prescription card" with tricare standard or prime?  My doctors have never asked me for a card, Im on standard,  but our pedi keeps asking me for an insurance card for our daughter.  And then yesterday my husband went to pick up a perscription and they asked for a perscription card for my husband.  They are both on prime. I thought you just used your id card and your children under 10 used the parents card unless there was special circumstances.  Any help would be great. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tricare Question

• Options
    Tricare Standard is just your ID card, there is no special insurance card.  Technically you get a card on Tricare Prime, but they still use your ID card because the insurance card just has your name and PCM information on it. 
  • Options

Yes you do. I have one for Tricare as well as one for United Concordia for my dental coverage. Most of the time, my military ID is more than sufficient, but occassionally (usually at Walmart if I can't get to the base pharmacy before they close) they ask for my Tricare card. 

If you don't get one, call Tricare and they can send you a duplicate.

**All of this is in reference to Prime - not sure about Standard.** 

*~ECBinWYO~*
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When I enrolled in Prime after our wedding last year DH and I both received a card in the mail from TriCare. It doesn't have a policy number or anything on it, but it does list my name and status as an AD family member, and states that it must be presented w/ an ID card. I haven't asked around to see how normal that is.

I like having it on me, simply b/c the back has all the phone #s for TriCare for when we have an emergency or are traveling and need referrals.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You don't get a card with Standard.
  • Options
    i'm on tricare standard and so is my son and all i have to do is show them MY ID card cause my husband is on prime and they take it everytime theres been no problems...
  • Options
    when they ask for my insurance card I just hand them my ID

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options
    Thanks ladies.  I will be on the lookout for one.  Hopefully they  will send one soon.  The lady at the pedi office is starting to get on my nerves asking for it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"