TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

BGP - weenies ment'd

Did I ever regale you with my funny vasectomy mistranslation story?

Re: BGP - weenies ment'd

• I can't believe you'd leave me, ahem, hanging like this, Colinda. I thought we were friends!

12 long, hard years of TTC-
    Miscarriages, losses, lots of treatments & drugs & IVF

Natural BFP (WTF?!) - 06/04/11 ~ lots of complication and drama, but sweet baby Adele born 02/07/12!

BFP #million -another girl for us! EDD - 05-08-15 (but will come early)

• imageEntropicEpona:
    I can't believe you'd leave me, ahem, hanging like this, Colinda. I thought we were friends!

Ditto this - and loving the punniness of it all! Do tell!!

• Loading the player...
  • Such a tease, that Colinda.
    BFP #1 10/17/09: missed m/c at 7 weeks; BFP #2 10/22/10: chemical pregnancy; BFP #3: 1/28/11

Baby Boy Smudgie born 10/4/11

<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/triple_sevens/?action=view

• Time zones, people, time zones.

Anyhoo, so this is about someone I know who is what we call a "heritage speaker," meaning his parents are from a Spanish-speaking country and Spanish is their native language, and Spanish was his "first" language chronologically but English is his dominant language. He had a spleen infection or something, whatever, they had to remove his spleen. The word for spleen in Spanish is "bazo" (BAH-so, and in Spanish b and v are pronounced the same and s and z are pronounced the same). So, he goes back to Ecuador with his family when he was around 20 years old, and has to go to the doctor. They are asking him his medical history and they ask if he has had any operations. He thinks, "Hmm, bazo is spleen and -ectomia means (-ectomy) something was removed, so...."

"Yes, doctor, I've had a *vasectomia* (or in his mind, *bazectomia* but they're pronounced the same)" Trying to say something like "spleenectomy" or convince the doctor of his knowledge of Latin suffixes or some damn thing, but he told the doctor he'd had a vasectomy. By the age of 20. In a very procreation-centric culture. Mwahahahaha.

• AWESOME!

Did he have to backtrack and explain things or did he figure it out later (what he had said)?

• imageColindaP:

Time zones, people, time zones.

So my 7am text to your cell phone was probably a no-no.  Ma' bad.  :)  I forget the whole world doesn't work 6a to 3p.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is too funny!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"