April 2011 Moms
Options

breech?

anyone April moms still have breech babies? I am 36 wks and baby is being very stubborn in this position..the u/s report says 'frank breech' although the baby feels more transverse .. i made the mistake of googling breech and learned 'sometimes' breech can be caused by birth defects...sigh.. i hate google lol.  my OB scheduled an c-section for April 15 in case baby doesn't turn before then - which she doesn't think will happen at this point :(

Re: breech?

• Options
    Look at spinningbabies.com, they have lots of tricks for how to turn your breech baby. Good luck!
  • Options
    thanks! i tried the exercise where you put your knees on the end of a couch and bend over ... i actually felt the baby move and it was very close to being head down..and then poof, back into breech/transverse but def not head down.. i suppose it's comfy this way lol..
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

At 34 weeks LO was breech...then flipped head down at 35 weeks.  Then at 36 weeks he decided to go transverse.  On Monday, 37.4 weeks he was head down again...but I feel like he is back to transverse as of today.  I feel head one side and butt on the other...but it's hard to really tell.

The kid just keeps on spinning...the u/s tech really thought he didn't have enough room to do this.  We'll see what happens on Monday, 38.4 weeks...if he's transverse we'll schedule c-section, if he's down will try vaginal.

Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am in the same boat, only I think she is more transverse.  My prenatal yoga teacher recommended the "cat/cow" position. You get on all fours and alternate arching your back upwards and looking at your belly with arching your back in, tailbone up and head up.  Try looking it up online.  I have been doing this every night while I am watching TV.  Good luck...hopefully both of our babies spin soon!
  • Options
    My little lady went breech on me last week (at 37weeks) so I had an external cephalic version done. It was uncomfortable but successful and I'm very happy I did it because now I have the opportunity to deliver her naturally. Did your OB not offer this to you or did you decline it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• Options

I found out baby was breech at 35 weeks and he/she is still breech now.  I've felt the baby try to turn a few times, but I just don't think there's room in there.

Right now I have a c-section scheduled for April 11th.  If baby turns anytime before then, they'll cancel it.  If baby is still breech on that day...c-section it is. The doctor offered a version but after weighing the pros/cons with DH we decided it just wasn't right for us. 

I'm holding out hope that baby will flip (and trying a few different things to encourage) but I've also come to terms with a possible c/s.  It's nowhere close to my ideal, but in the end a healthy baby is really what matters to me most.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"