Detroit Babies

S/O Teething

Does/did you LO have a Sophie the Giraffe teether? Advice? Thoughts? Is it really worth the $22. I ask because DD has been teething since 3 months and nothing has popped through yet. Everything, and I mean everything goes into her mouth. Her fist, her toys, bibs, clothes, etc. The drool is insane and I feel so bad for her. Any advice/thoughts on Sophie would be greatly appreciated. TIA.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: S/O Teething

• You are in the same boat as we were.  Gabe started teething at 3 months, nothing popped until 7.5 months.  It sucked.

To answer your real question though, yes Sophie is worth all the hype and every.single.penny.  The thing that really sold me on it (we got it as a gift, but I would have bought it anyways) was that it is all natural, no man-made materials go into it.  The paint is food based.  As a materials engineer I know what a lot of the plasticizers can do and for a teether I really liked that it was all natural.  I have one of the other teethers from the line too.  It looks like a mushroom.  Gabe loves both of them.

Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • We didnt have it.  It is nice that it is natural though.  He didnt really use teethers.  He got his first teeth at around 6/7 months so he couldnt really hold the teethers in his mouth without dropping them.  He mostly just used cold wet rags.
    Mommy's little helper :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It's worth every over-priced penny :)  I know they have them at BuyBuyBaby.  I imagine BRU has them too.  Right now there's $5 off $15 coupons floating around, so that'll help with the price.  Besides being all natural, it just seems to work better.  It's pretty light and it has a skinny neck so it's really easy to grab onto and doesn't require much strength to keep holding onto it.  Both boys hated all other teethers, but they loved Sophie. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • All excellent advice. Thank you! I'm going bite the bullet and go get one tonight.

• DS loves his!  My only complaint is that it squeaks and it took a few days for my dog to understand that it wasn't her toy.
  • imagekellelle01:
    DS loves his!  My only complaint is that it squeaks and it took a few days for my dog to understand that it wasn't her toy.

this!  lol!  but yes worth every penny!  DD only has one tooth and she is 9 months.  and still teething!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sophie was/is a lifesaver. My LO still loves Sophie and he's almost 13 months.
    Come chat with other moms: www.metrodetroitmommy.com!
  • I hate Sophie. When DS chews on her it makes a sound that is like nails on a chalkboard to me. DS loves her though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"