Houston Babies
Options

Outings with baby?

What kind of outings do you go on?

Have you found any great places to take your baby? Granted, LO is just 5 weeks old but I'd like to start going places that are baby and mommy friendly! I need to start getting out of the house-- I feel like I've been a hermit for the last 8 weeks ( including the 3 of maternity leave/bedrest I was on before he arrived!)

Today we managed to go out to old navy and carters, and I used the Bjorn instead of carrying the carseat-- much better! We're still trying to figure out what works for us, but we have the carrier part down!

We've only lived in Houston for 5 years and I feel like I really don't know the city @ all.. so I'm not sure what it has to offer for me and LO. 

Thanks!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Outings with baby?

• Options
    Check your local library for baby time.  I loved doing that with DS when he was a baby.
    Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • Options

The Galleria is a great place to go with a new baby. There's food, beverages, plenty of nursing/feeding areas and lots of visual stimulation. You're protected from the elements as well.

At that age, you don't need to take your baby anywhere "kid" specific. They learn just from being in the world. Remember, what's boring to you is new and exciting to them. The grocery store, the mall, your back yard. Real world scenarios help babies learn, so just get out anywhere and do anything. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I left the house almost every day with C when I was on maternity leave.  We never did a "kid" thing, but we were always going to the grocery store, or just somewhere to get out.  It was winter and some days I couldn't do my walks outside, so I'd take him to the mall.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"