Colorado Babies

Health Insurance - Cigna or Kaiser in Colorado?

Hi!

I'm looking to switch from Anthem (not a fan) and I've done some research for Colorado-specific health insurance companies. According to the NCQA.org ratings, Kaiser and Cigna both rate well in Colorado.

If you've had any experience with either/both of these companies I would appreciate your feedback on:

-General care
-Maternity

Thanks so much in advance for any advice!

Re: Health Insurance - Cigna or Kaiser in Colorado?

• I had Kaiser and liked it.  Everything was covered so that was nice.  Only one co-pay at the beginning of pregnancy and the hospital co-pay covered all that I needed.  They were pretty strict about when I had to leave the hospital buuuut the hospital staff deals with that all the time so they blurred the times a little to let us relax and not have to rush out.  : )

I have no experience with Cigna so I can't compare but I do like Kaiser better than the United Health Care plan I have now.

• imageRyanandManda:

I had Kaiser and liked it.  Everything was covered so that was nice.  Only one co-pay at the beginning of pregnancy and the hospital co-pay covered all that I needed.  They were pretty strict about when I had to leave the hospital buuuut the hospital staff deals with that all the time so they blurred the times a little to let us relax and not have to rush out.  : )

I have no experience with Cigna so I can't compare but I do like Kaiser better than the United Health Care plan I have now.

I have Cigna and swear I will never go with Kaiser (even though I could be covered through DH's work for close to nothing). I prefer to choose my physician and hospital. He always talks about how much of a pain Kaiser is since he can only go to their clinics. Cigna has been great and many hospitals and doctors are in their network. HTH!

Tyler is going to be a big brother!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry! I meant to quote OP'er!

Tyler is going to be a big brother!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• I have Kaiser, but have only had them since December. In general, I don't have any major complaints - it's admittedly convenient, and I wasn't too attached to my old physician when I switched.

My big problem is they're not that flexible. I have a POS choice plan, so I can go to them or to other doctors - but I really want to deliver at Mountain Midwifery and they won't pay for squat - no midwife coverage. I've heard if you deliver in a hospital, they're pretty good. Starting prenatal care w/Kaiser in a couple weeks.

That said, if you're buying an individual plan, it's next to impossible to get maternity coverage without spending an arm and a leg, regardless of what company you choose - so you will be paying out of pocket! If a group plan, check into the details. Different plans handle maternity care differently. I think mine is something like $1000/day copay for hospital delivery.

imageimageimage
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"