VBAC

Are there stats on US "natural" c-sections?

I'm not sure I could handle an actual VBAC. Labor with my daughter was extreamly traumatic and I don't want to risk ending up with thing the way they were her. However, after seeing the you tube video on the Natural/Woman Centered C/S... I'm wanting to talk to my doc about it. I would like to be able to show him more and give him more about this being done in the US...

anyone? 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Are there stats on US "natural" c-sections?

• I guess I can't find the video you are talking about.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It sounds reasonable. I don't see where this procedure is being done. I've heard that some hospitals do allow the immediate skin to skin and maybe they also said they allow BF. I can't remember, sorry. It seems like they really have the family in mind not their own pocket books, in mind. I'd say it is worth writing down the link and asking your doctor to take a look.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can't see lots of practices going for the "natural" c-section. What I can see is dr's trying their best to meet your needs for experiencing a safe and family friendly birth. 

I had sort-of skin to skin after my RCS.

I got to see baby before it was cleaned up so long as Apgars greater than 8.

My husband viewed birth.

I had a doula and husband in room to help support me through procedures.

It's worth asking your dr, but you have to get so many people on board for the c/s that I could imagine it wouldn't be possible. (Anesthesiologist, Dr's, Assisting Dr)

• imageStrawberrywine:

I can't see lots of practices going for the "natural" c-section. What I can see is dr's trying their best to meet your needs for experiencing a safe and family friendly birth. 

I had sort-of skin to skin after my RCS.

I got to see baby before it was cleaned up so long as Apgars greater than 8.

My husband viewed birth.

I had a doula and husband in room to help support me through procedures.

It's worth asking your dr, but you have to get so many people on board for the c/s that I could imagine it wouldn't be possible. (Anesthesiologist, Dr's, Assisting Dr)

Ditto.  Definitely talk to your doctor about it but remember that some of this stuff might be out of his/her control.  Maybe you can talk to an anesthesiologist from your hospital as well.  I'm not trying to discourage you--I certainly think it's worth asking and trying to make a c/s the best birth for you.  You may not be able to get everything you want but you can probably get some of it.

I don't think there are any stats on this but maybe someone else knows of some. 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree that until this becomes standard practice, which I hope for other mothers it does, that gaining all the the benefits of the process are probably not likely. I do want to see how much I can get though :) I'll repost after I talk with my doc at the 10 week appointment.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"