Maryland Babies
Options

UPDATED: Whine RE birthday items have not arrived

So due to "family issues" for the respective makers (2 seperate people), Evie's 1st birthday party dress and gift will not arrive before the party. 

I'm not so upset about the gift, but I am seriously annoyed that the dress won't be.  What am I going to do with a custom-made fancy party dress after her birthday....

I don't mean to sound cold, but it is seriously annoying that both items were guanteed to arrive on time and now they won't be.  And, to be honest I do question if there was really an emergency.

So, I guess I am taking an early lunch and heading to Macy's to try and find a suitable alternative. 

:Sigh:

UPDATE:

Regarding the party dress- I talked to my co-worker and she was SO embarassed.  She mixed up the dates and thought I needed the dress by March 30th.  She apologized to me at least 10 times yesterday.  She hasn't cut the dress out yet, so she said she'd wait until I knew when I wanted to use it and we'd remeasure DD.  I am thinking that we'll use it for family photos this summer.

Regarding Chicka Puppet-  Still no word from the doll maker other then the fact that she was having "Family Issues."  I was originally told I would have the item in 10 - 14 days and it has been 3 weeks.   If it hasn't shipped by this time next week, I think I will cancel the order. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: UPDATED: Whine RE birthday items have not arrived

• Options
    what?? that would tick me off. I guess since they are custom you can't stop your order now.....did you tell them they will be arriving after the fact? I would. You could always sell the dress I suppose. That sucks.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

The dress is being made by a co-worker.  She's been begging me to think of something she could make for us, since I had DD early and she didn't get to make her anything for my shower.

The lady hasn't been in the office since Wednesday.  I have no idea what is going on.  I am hoping that maybe she'll pop in later to drop off the dress, but as time ticks by I don't think that will happen.

I'm not sure if I can sell a custom, made-to-measure dress. 

This isn't helping the anxiety I was already having about the party.  It will be the first time most of the family finds out about Evie's helmet and her on-going health issues.  I really don't want to spend the entire time explaining and re-explaining what has been going on over the last year.  I feel like if these people were concerned they'd already know because they'd be involved in our daily lives.

Parties are suppossed to be fun, right?  I am just stressed to the max right now.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Can you ask for a refund?  or ask that they make it in a larger size so she could wear it next year? 

I would be super annoyed.  I have a tough time paying $$$ for fancy-wear-only-once clothes - because sometimes the literally only wear the outfit for minutes before getting something on it. My mom is always disappointed that for my kids b-days I just put them in a special b-day shirt, hat and a tutu or something like that for DD as a result.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Daisy- I think we cross posted.  The making of the custom dress was "gifted" to us, so there is no $$ to be refunded. 

I am planning on getting family portraits done sometimes this summer, so hopefully we can use it then...

• Options

Um I would be pissed. I'm sorry, what's the point of getting the dress to you after her party? I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

Edit: Okay so I just read through the other responses. So it was a gift from a coworker. This is really big issue of mine. You have every right to be pissed. Sorry you have to run out now and get another dress. I like Daisy idea of having your coworker making it bigger for later use. 

• Options

Thanks for listening to me vent guys!!  I found a cute little green sun dress with ribbon flowers at Macy's...  That will work.

I tried to find a pic on-line, but couldn't. 

• Options
    imageweezie825:

I am planning on getting family portraits done sometimes this summer, so hopefully we can use it then...

That was going to be my suggestion. Hopefully it will work out.

I HATE throwing parties. I am always way too stressed out to enjoy them at all. Hang in there and try to enjoy at least a little of the party!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oh no!!!  That sucks.  Can you cancel the dress?

I hope you found something at Macy's.

Ok, so I should read the responses before posting!  I'm glad you found something, maybe the co-worker's dress can be an Easter dress too?  The dress I ordered for Emily's b-day party didn't come in time either (I didn't read the processing and shipping info from Zulily well enough, my fault) but I'm going to use it for Easter.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Regarding the party dress- I talked to my co-worker and she was SO embarassed.  She mixed up the dates and thought I needed the dress by March 30th.  She apologized to me at least 10 times yesterday.  She hasn't cut the dress out yet, so she said she'd wait until I knew when I wanted to use it and we'd remeasure DD.  I am thinking that we'll use it for family photos this summer.

Regarding Chicka Puppet-  Still no word from the doll maker other then the fact that she was having "Family Issues."  I was originally told I would have the item in 10 - 14 days and it has been 3 weeks.   If it hasn't shipped by this time next week, I think I will cancel the order. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"