1st Trimester
Options

Did you have symptoms BEFORE your BFP?

If so, what and how early (how many DPO or days before your period)?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Did you have symptoms BEFORE your BFP?

• Options
    My symptoms were that I wasn't having my usual AF arrival symptoms - swollen, tender breasts, cramps, etc. I just felt different.

• Options
    I expected my period on a Monday but I didnt test until 5 days later on the Saturday.  I had swollen breasts from the Saturday before that.  However, I often get enlarged and tender breasts when I am PMSing too.  so I wasnt sure at all - I actually thought my periods were just out of sync and expected it to arrive every day that week.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i had twinges in my lower abdomen....nothing like I'd felt before. I knew something had to be going on.
  • Options
    I had very sharp shooting pains which were completely different from menstrual cramps.  So bad that I was doubled over in pain a couple of times.  Also had some diarrhea and nausea.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    none at all. that was one of my clues that something was different. i loved that there was nothing to play with my mind. The day after I got my BFP (19dpo/4w5d) my boobs started to hurt close to my armpits. That's about it! They've hurt ever since!
  • Options
    7 days before my BFP and 5 days before my missed period I had a serious bout of dizziness.... I had to lay down because I thought I was going to pass out.  I had it several more times that week, and several times after my BFP.  I didn't attribute it to pregnancy at the time, but I guess it must have been.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have no PMS symptoms normally so when I had extremely tender breasts a few days before AF was due then I was 4 days late I knew something was up.  
  • Options
    I had only been of bcp since December when I got my bfp in Feb. So I hadn't been quite sure about my ovulation times. I just knew to expect a random period, and random period never came. My boobs were hurting really bad the day before and day of.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My little CHD warrior. Born 9/29/11. Got his new heart 10/20/11

BLOG :] & Shaping Up Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    2 weeks before my period, smoked a cigarette and wanted to puke. Tested got a super faint line, waited a week, got another faint line, waited another week took a digital got my BFP
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    My symptoms were pretty much the same as they've been lately before AF's arrival....sore boobs, mostly.  My temperature had also gone up maybe 1/2 a degree.  Be careful reading too much into symptoms though because mine have undergone changes from month to month and there were months were I was CONVINCED I was pregnant and then wasn't.  Good luck.
  • Options

imagelucyspeople:
    My symptoms were that I wasn't having my usual AF arrival symptoms - swollen, tender breasts, cramps, etc. I just felt different.

This for me too.

• Options
    I had constipation starting at 5dpo and tested 14 dpo
  • Options

I felt sick, sore boobs, bad hormonal breakouts, very emotional, light cramping. Took a test, it was negative. Waited 2 days and took another test, it was positive!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I was absolutely convinced that I was pregnant about a week before my BFP, so from 4 days before I missed. I had just come off BCPs in December, and have never had real PMS symptoms. My clue in was that my nipples were ridiculously sore, to the point where it physically hurt to put on a bra in the morning.

Of course, my husband will tell you that I was absolutely convinced I was pregnant every single month since we've been married, even while I was on BCPs.

Try not to get too worked up over symptoms, phantom pregnancy symptoms are really really common, and your body's normal menstrual symptoms are specifically designed to prepare you for pregnancy. I think that's why most of us girls want to binge right before our period is due! Your body is preparing for the possibility of pregnancy and/or morning sickness.

• Options
    My only symptom was that I usually started cramping the day AF arrived at 16dpo and that cycle I was cramping at 7dpo - very very strange for me. So I tested at 11dpo and got a BFP. I then cramped all the way through 14w but had few other symptoms (thankfully!).

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    I definitely did starting at 12 dpo and my period was due 14 dpo. My nipples hurt so so badly I contemplated cutting them off just to get some relief (not really, but you know what I mean!) I tested on 12 dpo with a first response and got 2 negative tests, didnt get a positive until the evening of 14 dpo.  Now I'm 12 weeks and everything is going great :) good luck
  • Options
    Bloating and burping 7 DPO. It has continued ever since!
  • Options

8dpo I felt nauseated and thought I ate some bad food.  9dpo I vomited, and I got a FRER +, CBE digital -.  10dpo both were positive.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I did with DD #1.  Four DPO I almost threw up after smelling taco meat and I just felt "off" I knew I was pregnant.  I kept taking tests and they were all negative.  Finally at 15DPO I got my BFP. 

Now with #2--I have had no symptoms and am having a hard time believing I'm pregnant because I don't feel pregnant this time around.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickera>
  • Options
    Still fishing, eh?
    2 girls and a dog
  • Options
    I was so oblivious to the symptoms if I did have any lol.. It seemed like soon as the Dr confirmed the pregnancy, about a day or two later every symptom from sore breast to morning sickness hit me like a ton of bricks lol
  • Options
    My face broke out a few days before my BFP.  But I wasn't suspicious of it and I only made the connection looking back.  Also, the morning of my BFP I was laying in bed and could feel really light twinges in my abdomen.  I thought it was the start of menstrual cramping.  Literally my thoughts were "Great, my AF is coming.  Crap.  So much for this cycle."
    DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • Options
    jb2rnjb2rn member
    cramps. lower than pre-period cramps.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options

I felt more symptoms the months I wasn't pregnant.

Only clues were during ovulation my boobs never hurt (as they usually do after I've O'd) and then 9dpo I was going to the bathroom every 20 minutes, I was having crazy hunger pains and I had a stabbing sharp pain in my right nipple ( I know random). The stabbing pain made me wonder so I tested at 10dpo and BFP instantly.

Since then just hungry and a few cramps here and there. No other symptoms so try not to get too involved in the symptom thing (easier said than done I know!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 8/4/12 EDD 4/17/13 Miscarraige @ 20wks due to Triploidy Syndrome *****Baby girl Grace Forever our little angel baby watching over us all*****
  • Options
    I had serious mid- to lower-back ache, and was really moody, in a way I only get when I either need to eat or am PMSing.  That lasted for about 4 days.  I had some minor heartburn (which I almost never get) after most meals.  I was crampy, but not quite the same as period crampy, and at one stage I had "lightening bolt" pains in my uterus.  I tested three days before my period was due, and despite these symptoms, got a BFN.  I got my BFP the day my period was due.  I actually had more symptoms *before* I got my BFP than I do now.
  • Options

I had horrible indigestion and gas the night before my BFP. Lack of normal PMS, and my skin was clearer than normal.

BFP CP 1/12/11 DD born 10/16/11
  • Options
    vivid dreams.
  • Options
    looking back yes, at the time I didn't really notice them much. I kept smelling things that didnt' really smell that much, and when I tried to take a drink of a vodka/redbull (my drink of choice before BFP) I seriously couldn't swallow it. I didn't drink after that because it sounded horrible. Then right around missed period I got cramps, but no period... I knew something was up, so I tested. DARK BFP.
  • Options

Tired, cramps and mega-bloat.

• Options
    My breasts basically never stopped hurting after ovulation. They just kept getting more and more sore and my nipples, which are normally not sensitive, were extremely sensitive and sore. Had cramping about 10 dpo and my lp is 13 days. Those were the only symptoms i had.
  • Options
    cramps earlier and lower than normal, starting at like 8 DPO. A little bit more sensitive to smells. 
  • Options
    None.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"