Parenting
Options

Need "Rock Star" b-day party food & game ideas

Adam's party is Saturday and he wants a "Rock N Roll" birthday.  We got decorations & will set up a makeover station w/ fake tattoos, colored hairspray, etc.  I ordered him a cake with a fondant Gene Simmons sitting on it. (He dressed as him for Halloween - this kid is not your avg. 3 year old.) 

I'm at a loss for food.  The party starts at 2, so people probably won't be hungry for a meal when they arrive, but it's all friends and family, so people could very well stay into dinner time and would need something more filling then.  I'm going to get a tray of Chick-Fil-A nuggets and am blanking on anything else.  It'd be great to think of something to fit the theme, but really I'm looking for heavy appetizers that I could order somewhere or easily make, I guess. 

And, since it's going to be 42 freaking degrees and not warm enough for inflating out bouncy house, I need ideas to keep the kids busy too.  Adam picked out a cheesy guitar trophy thing and wants to give it to "the winner."  Of what, he has no idea.  Any ideas for a game that would have a winner?  There'll be 15 kids ranging from 1-7 here.   

TIA

Jenni ~~Alex & Avery ~~ 6/13/06~~Adam ~~3/26/08

Re: Need "Rock Star" b-day party food & game ideas

• Options

What about a dance contest or karaoke? It might be a little chaotic since the kids are kind of young, but I think that could make it fun and cute too.

I'm drawing a blank on food ideas...What about cookies (or other round foods) made to look like records or CDs?

• Options
    groupie chicks and cocaine, I guess.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Just a couple ideas....what about getting some various glitter, glue, crafty stuff and having kids decorate those cardboard stars (that are shiny gold or silver) I have seen them at Party City. You could put the kids names on them and they would look like the stars they put on musicians dressing rooms.

Kareoke or a dance party could be fun, perhaps an air guitar contest?

For foods maybe just get a start cookie cutter and make little star shaped finger sandwiches?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageEdithBouvierBeale:

DH suggested letting them snort pixie sticks.  Maybe when he's 4...

• Options
    imageJenniC1135:

imageEdithBouvierBeale:

DH suggested letting them snort pixie sticks.  Maybe when he's 4...

LOL This is hilarious!

Marcey
    Kaden William 11/4/06 and Dawson Michael 6/30/10
    Dawson's first birthday - at the zoo
  • Options
    You have a PM.  One of my friends did this a while back.  i don't have ideas on food for but she had some cool stuff.    She also had them decorate their own 'cd' (cardstock shaped into cd) label.  

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Thanks, r9.  Those necklaces are cute and a great way to get rid of the pile of beads we brought back from New Orleans in January. 

• Options

DS went to a rock n roll party last year that was really fun. They did the tatoos, hair dye, etc too which the kids loved. The invites were a CD of the birthday boy's favorite songs and they played that at the party. Each of the kids got a blow up guitar and microphone and they made a stage to sing and dance on.  

Tye-dyed or "autographed" t-shirts would be fun.

• Options
    Did you see Outrageous Kid Parties on TLC recently? There was a rock n roll party on there. It was ridiculous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"