Maryland Babies

DC taught J how to sign!

I thought about doing baby sign language with John before he was born, just a few of the basic signs, but I figured going to DC he wouldn't be exposed to it and scratched the idea.  We noticed a few weeks ago he appeared to be signing "more" while eating and sure enough if we asked him if he wanted more he would sign while saying "mo mo."  We asked DC if they were doing signing with them, and obviously they are (b/c where else would he be picking it up).  We forgot to ask what other signs they have taught him, but I keep meaning to.  I'm so impressed with our DC, sure there are some minor things we aren't so happy about (the biting issue), but he can point to his nose and mouth.  It's fun to see all the things he is learning.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: DC taught J how to sign!

• They did signing at our school too - I loved it!  One day I was just like "heyy? where'd that come from ?"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Very cool!!! That's awesome of your provider!
    Jen, mom to Evan-6yrs and Ella-20 months
  • Loading the player...
  • Daycare also has been teaching DD how to sign too. More is a big one for her.

• All the DCs we looked at said they would teach basic sign language, even the in-home provider we went with. I didn't know it was so common, but it's pretty cool.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Kathryn, we were the same way I was looking at him signing and was like "woah, where did you learn that."

Sara-they never mentioned that during the tour, but that is very cool that a lot of places do.  It's definately easier for them to tell you want more than just pointing at random things.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageCooper81:

Kathryn, we were the same way I was looking at him signing and was like "woah, where did you learn that."

Sara-they never mentioned that during the tour, but that is very cool that a lot of places do.  It's definately easier for them to tell you want more than just pointing at random things.

That's awesome!  It also helps w/language acquisition too :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKathrynMD:
    They did signing at our school too - I loved it!  One day I was just like "heyy? where'd that come from ?"

Me three!

I caught Sydney doing it a few times when I was giving her a mix of cheerios and puffs. She likes the puffs more so she eats them all and then was signing for "more" while there were only cheerios on her plate. At first I thought it was a fluke, but then I realized what she was doing and it made me happy.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"