Maryland Babies

Your Advice Needed

Hi ladies, We're collecting input from experienced former brides for our Maryland Knotties who are just starting to plan their big day. Do you have any words of wisdom to share? We'd love to share your advice! Thanks for your time!

The Knot Carrie

Re: Your Advice Needed

• My DH & I got married in Sept of 2008.  Here's my advice:

Do YOUR thing. 
    1) Engagement length - don't let people guilt you into making it shorter or longer.
    2) Wedding date - Don't let anyone talk you out of the day you want just because they can't come.  No matter what day you pick, someone won't be able to make it!
    3) Guest list - Invite who YOU want to share in the special day.  The guest list shouldn't become who the parents want to have come.
    4) Dress - Pick the dress YOU love!  You're the one wearing it!

Other advice
    1) DON'T become a bridezilla.  No one likes them, you'll only make people mad at you & make the memories of your day (& the days leading to it) bad.  There's a way to get your wants/desires across without being a bridezilla.
    2) Enjoy your wedding day.  Don't get caught up in time schedules.  Things will happen (& some thing might be forgotten).  It's ok.  Just have fun ^_^
    3) DON'T wear a watch.  You'll only be tempted to check it (plus it doesn't usually look nice with the gown, lol!)

Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12
  • ELOPE~  that's what we greatest decision I ever made...but boy did it piss my mom off!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Do what YOU want and what makes you happy! Your day is a reflection of YOU not your mom, dad, in laws, best friend...
    image DD#1-Lillian (Lilly) Grace BabyFruit Ticker BLOG:http://lifeasweknowitkelly.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"