TTC after 35
Options

too much is going on right now, must vent-long, sorry!!!

Last Wednesday, I leave my apartment in the morning, go to work, and then leave for an out of town conference that kept me very occupied until last Saturday. On that same Wednesday that I left, around dinner time, I receive a phone call from my landlord, telling me that the neighbor below me had discovered water leaking into their apartment, and that it was likely coming from ABOVE my apartment, and if it was okay if she came into our apartment to check it out. So, she did so, and she found that both bedrooms in my 2 bedroom apartment had been soaked, and my bed has taken quite a lot of the water up, kind of like a sponge :(.

So, now I had the fun phone call to my husband to warn him of the impending soggy mess that he was going to run into later in the evening. He was super pissed off when I finally talked to him, though happily he sprang into action and got our insurance company in on the action the next day. So, now we have most of our bedroom stuff off site or "being dried out" and I am hanging out with my cat in a hotel down the street. And now today, the husband has left for a long anticipated business trip out of town till Friday!

And also today, I have my pre-op appt for my upcoming laparoscopic/hysteroscopic procedure a mere 10 days from now, and had to go all alone and deal with the details... I also should mention that even before all this all happened, I made a nice hotel/spa reservation for our anniversary this weekend--so I guess our anniversity started early with our unexpected stay in a hotel this week?

My biggest worry right now is have a fixed apartment and to get a new bed in time for my post surgical time to recover! When it rains, it pours, no (ooh bad pun)?

Now alone, and with my computer in front of me I ponder the following yucky surgical procedures I face: Hysteroscopic tubal cannulation, laparoscopic chromotubation, laparoscopic adhesion resection, excision of endometriosis. Yikes! Wish me luck on April 1st!

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

Re: too much is going on right now, must vent-long, sorry!!!

• Options
    Oh dear! That's too much for any one person to have to deal with! Water damage is horrible... we had a pipe burst on New Years Eve one year. Finding a plumber who was willing to come out was a fun challenge. Enjoy your anniversary weekend, and I hope everything goes well with your surgery!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 2009 with unexplained infertility
    IUI#1-4 Jan.-Apr. 2011 = BFNs
    IVF#1 Aug. 2011 = c/p, FET #1 Nov. 2011 = c/p, FET #2 April 2012 = BFP!
    Beta #1 = 153, Beta #2 = 269, Beta #3 = 675
    1st U/S = TWINS!! EDD 12/29/12
    my blog: Journey to Somewhere
    ~~PAIFW/SAIFW~~
    Photobucket
    April IVF Spring Chicks

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my goodness.  I'm sorry about the water damage.  I've had to deal with that as well before.  It is definitely not fun.  I hope you are able to get everything done before your surgery so you can recoup comfortably at home.  Good luck on April 1st!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    that's terrible :(   Sorry you have to deal with all this right before the surgery.  Will you still get to do your spa weekend?  Hope so :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

You poor thing! What a crazy mix of circumstances. I hope your apt gets put back together quickly.  Your surgery will be over before you know it and you can get back to TTC. Hugs:-)

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options

Oh that is some week you are having.  Repeat after me.  "Everything will be OK"  Now breathe.  deeply.  sorry about the water problem.  that sux. I had a lap.  It was OK.  You'll be OK.  ((hugs))

-Pix

About me: A pixie in the city, 41, TTC #1 since May 2010, married 18 years. Diagnosed with, surgically removed, endometrioma Aug.2010 Sept 2010 IUI #1=BFN, Oct=cyst/bfn, Nov 2010 IUI #2 = bfn. Had to postpone IUI #3 b/c of a cyst natural=BFN. Skipped IUI #3, decided to go for IVF. Found/removed uterine polyps Jan 2011. IVF cancelled, no follicles. IVF #2: 3 great embies put in on Easter Sunday = BFN. Hoping for another chance at IVF in July. TTC is NOT for wimps. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/2fab90/ttc.png
  • Options
    Oh my, that is a lot to deal with. Lousy things like water leaks, car breakdowns, etc. always happen at the worst possible times. I'm sorry, but I hope things calm down for you next week.
    TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • Options
    Wow....sounds like your week has really been difficult.  Some day you will be telling funny stories to your children about all that you went through!!  Enjoy your anniversary weekend!!
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"