Upstate NY Babies

I am annoyed at my Dyson.

Seriously.. a $500 vacuum should work better than this. Currently it is sort of working on the floor, won't pick up anything big though.. and the handle attachment thingy has zero suction.. It has done this before, and cleaning the filters has SORT of helped. but its never been like it was new.. I am gonna have to take it to get repaired..

Stupid thing.. I swear I like my $60 Eureka better sometimes. 

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
imagebabies
baby growth

Re: I am annoyed at my Dyson.

• did you check for any blockages?

ours did this once, DH vacuumed up this huge dust bunny and it got stuck in the wand it was totally plugged and the machine heated up and did the automatic safety shut off that it does when it gets too warm. i think i used one of the cat wand toys (we had a really long one) and pushed the resident bunny out. worked fine after that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I still don't feel like mine was worth the money.  But DH loves it so I stopped arguing over it.  I hope yours gets to working soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • MY DH keeps insisting that we need a Dyson. I personally love my Oreck that we got as a wedding gift 6 years ago.  I can't justify the price and added weight of a Dyson, but he insists our Oreck doesn't do as good a job as a Dyson would.  hmm, maybe I will show him that people aren't all thrilled with their Dysons.
  • wow, i've had mine for 7 years and never have any problems.  I LOVE it.  I vacumes up everything and i hardly ever clean the filter or anything. 
  • Oh I agree.... the vacuum that never loses suction? Isn't that their motto? Well DH has to take our vaccum out and use the air compressor to blow out the filter b/c it gets so clogged. We have the dyson pet. It's purple. I won't get one again. But since we paid 525 for it I won't replace it for a few years. I couldn't agree with you more though.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• Wow, that sucks.  We really love ours.  We have had it a couple years and I have never even cleaned it - just dumped the stuff out.  The only time we had a problem was when I sucked up one of dd's socks!
  • I am shocked, I have vacuumed up one of my socks and it didn't loose suction. I <3 mine, going on 5 yrs old. We have the plain ol' yellow one and it works wonderful.....carpet to linoleum without missing a crumb!

I hope you can get it fixed, it is a lot to be crappy already! 

• imagejnk062602:
    Wow, that sucks.  We really love ours.  We have had it a couple years and I have never even cleaned it - just dumped the stuff out.  The only time we had a problem was when I sucked up one of dd's socks!

This exactly, minus the sock ;-)

• imageJune4bride2be:

I am shocked, I have vacuumed up one of my socks and it didn't loose suction. I <3 mine, going on 5 yrs old. We have the plain ol' yellow one and it works wonderful.....carpet to linoleum without missing a crumb!

I hope you can get it fixed, it is a lot to be crappy already! 

Nope, I kept vacuuming.  It just made a weird noise.  DH fixed it after I was done haha.

• imageJenJar:
    I still don't feel like mine was worth the money.

This.

• Hmm..I still love ours!  We just bought new filters off of Amazon and that made a huge improvement, even though I still thought that it was working great.  We have had ours for about 3 years.  
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hmmm, I have been wanting to get a new vacuum and have been thinking about a dyson but this post makes me second guess it. I hope that you get it working soon. How annoying to spend all that money on something and then have problems with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"