Detroit Babies

AAP Guideline Poll

Re: AAP Guideline Poll

• I probably will - his legs are really short so I dont think it will be a problem.  But I am so tempted to turn the one in my car right now.  I drive a beetle and to get him in the seat rear facing with my growing belly sucks big time, for the both of us.  Good thing we dont go out much ;)

Mommy's little helper :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes as long as his legs will let him.  Like I said in the post below, if his legs are bent up into his chest like DD's would have been before she was 2, i will turn him around.  He's on the small side right now, but he could have a growth spurt at any moment & throw that plan right out the window.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was planning on waiting to turn her even before this came out. she isn't even 22 lbs yet so we can't

I was however going to let DH turn her around when she hits 22 lbs since we use my car for everything. THe only time she is in Dh's car is when he picks her up from daycare. It is less than a half mile from our house. He has a two door car and I only let the carseat be in the middle of the car so it is hard to get her in and out.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm just going to wait and see how it goes.  I expect we'll have to turn him before.  My biggest complaint is they stress these recommendations on age.  Nathan is a big kid.  He's almost off the charts for his height and weight.  He will be the size of the average 2 year old well before he actually hits 2. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsRenee:

I'm just going to wait and see how it goes.  I expect we'll have to turn him before.  My biggest complaint is they stress these recommendations on age.  Nathan is a big kid.  He's almost off the charts for his height and weight.  He will be the size of the average 2 year old well before he actually hits 2. 

I think Lucas will be too.  They should really base it more on weight.

Mommy's little helper :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we kept ds1 rear facing till he was 26 months. and we plan to keep ds2 rear facing as long as we can. 

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"